Skip navigation
JudyOct98
Currently Being Moderated

Permission problem with CS4

Jun 13, 2012 9:44 AM

Hi there,

I just installed my CS4 on my laptop that uses Windows 7 and I can't save or write to file. I keep getting "c://access denied." I tried to change all the permissions as required to do from other people's posts and I'm still having the same problem.

Any ideas? I'd like to get this resolved, because I can't even write to file with FrontPage as well. I'd like to get my main page to my website up and running.

Please respond ASAP.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 13, 2012 9:47 AM   in reply to JudyOct98

I keep getting "c://access denied."

This looks a bit odd to me. 

You have opened a file, made changes to it, and when you use FILE | Save, you get this error?

In your local site definition (you *are* working from a defined site, right?), what is the path to your local root folder?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 10:26 AM   in reply to JudyOct98

You do realize all of the reasons NOT to use frames, right?  I'm sure that this usage has nothing to do with your problems, though.

Please tell me the path to the local root folder on your system.

Next, can you create and then save a new (blank) file in this site?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 11:35 AM   in reply to JudyOct98

But the root path for that file is simple:

c://index.htm or c://far_from_home.htm.

But that's not the correct path syntax.

On a Windows box, it would be C:\index.htm or c:\far_from_home.htm

And your root folder is going to become very messy very fast working like this.  It would be much smarter to have a root path like this -

c:\websites\thissite (which would keep all of this site's files in that 'thissite' folder.

Finally, it's always a good idea to use the BROWSE icon to browse to your pages/folders rather than manually entering the path. It's much more accurate to do it that way.

Actually, this is my first time using frames, because I wanted a new look for my site.

No you are scaring me.  DO NOT USE FRAMES.  They were too antique to use even in the late 90's.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points