Skip navigation
mssdvm
Currently Being Moderated

Error when installing FlexSlider Web Widget

May 21, 2012 10:49 PM

Tags: #install #windows #widget #flexslider

I am the author of the Flexslider Web Widget. It seems there is an error in Windows  Dreamweaver CS5 and CS5.5 when installing the widget which some people have reported (Actually, only one person emailed me the actual error, everyone else just said it won't install and gave it a 1 rating). Now that I have the info as to what the error is for some people, I am hoping someone can give me some feedback to fix it!

The error is:

"While executing onLoad in InsertOAWidget.html, the following JavaScript erro(s) occurred:

At line 2883 of file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5\Configuration\Shared\OAWidget\OAWidgetManager.js": child.firstChild has no properties

I have succesffully installed it on a Mac and PC in CS 5 , CS5.5 and CS6 as the only Widget so I can't find the issue in my case. A conflict? An error in code that only effects Windows? Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

Mike

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 22, 2012 2:59 AM   in reply to mssdvm

I was able to install the widget, but when I attempt to insert a Flexslider gallery into my Dreamweaver page I get the same error message that Mike typed out above. I am on a Mac, using Dreamweaver CS5. I would love some help, as this widget looks like a great layout.

Deb

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 10:23 AM   in reply to mssdvm

I am very interested in using this widget, I too am having the same error message! Has it been fixed? Or should I look somewhere else, it's a bummer I can't get this to work!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 10:45 AM   in reply to sarahwhitney1169

PLEASE help we upload this widget, I need it sooooo bad!!!!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points