• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound Problems after Flash 11.3 Update

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reply is to the post by Ortho_Fan, number 28, which references a Firefox forum and "Firefox Hates New Update." This thread is specifically about problems that Flash 11.3 is causing with Firefox but the problem isn't with Firefox, it is with Flash Player 11.3. 

I have no sound with Firefox, Chrome or Safari.  I do have sound with IE9 but some people do not.

See these and probably other threads:

No sound in flash

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4483563?tstart=0

Problem with sound after update

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4483038

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've branched this discussion into it's own thread, because the issue you're describing is different than the issue from the previous thread, which was related to a specific crash instance.  We'd like to keep the threads focused on particular issues to help both investigate and collate the information coming in, and to aid in discovery for people that are experiencing similar issues.  A single thread with a dozen issues is far less useful in either regard.

For the sound issue you're experiencing, I would recommend that you follow the advice in the threads you've referenced above.

Flash Player 11.3 included new sound enhancments to facilitate support for low-latency audio, to facilitate more repsonsive sound in complex Flash games.  While we try to test a wide array of hardware, and conduct months of beta testing, it's impossible to hit every device, OS, browser and driver combination.

Please ensure that you have the lastet drivers installed for your sound card/chipset.  If the problem persists, please post details of your configuration to that forum thread so that we can track down that hardware/driver combo and investigate the problem. 

As a workaround, you may wish to roll back to Flash Player 10.3, until a new version is available.  Flash Player 10.3 contains up-to-date security patches (we maintain one major version back for Enterprise), and will revert the sound change that is causing problems for you.

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan.  Would you be willing to test a build of Flash Player that contains a few changes and additional debug logging functionality?  If so, please contact me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

We are still experiencing sound issues with Flash since the upgrade. I have raised a bug 3213241 for this but not received any updates on this. We have also provided a userid and password for our website to access our site.

Happy to try out your debug version of Flash player on one of the affecte machines and relay back the information.

Regards

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player 11.3.300.262 was released to address a stability issue with Firefox on Windows 7 and Windows Vista.  It did not include fixes for sound.

We're aware of the sound issues and are working diligently to resolve them; however, we don't comment publicly on future release dates.

Because your application is heavily dependent on Flash Player, I'd like to recommend that you participate in the Flash Player pre-release program.  Please send me a private message with a named individual from your organization, and I'd be happy to refer them into the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines