Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download files without PHP or another external programming

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a question that is leaving me sleep every night.

How to download a file without using PHP or another programming language, only using Flash CS5.5 and ActionScript 3.

This is possible?

Fernando Oliveira

AS3 Programming.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

If I understand you right you want all of these desktops (170?) to be able to download some files specified in an XML file.

To use the local filesystem (e.g. save a file) you will need to make an executable. A user loading a SWF in their browser will never have access to downloading and saving a file to the users computer. Flash is designed that way, so you're not worried a website is saving files on your computer (beyond innocent cookies). 

You can use Adobe AIR which can save files or use a SW

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your browser does not recognize the extention of a file, instead of opening it starts downloading it.

example:

if you use a link like this http://domain.com/image.jpg then will open the image
but if you use
http://domain.com/program.exe page then start the download

The advantage of PHP is that although it is an image you can do to start a download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm ..

very interesting that ...

But how to make a swf download some files that I receive via XML, this is possible?

I make a PHP pages to read the XML get the link and download the files, as photos or mp4 files.

But I have to send a new file to 170 desktops, and do not want to put a webserver on each of them

So I thought on download this files with the swf file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you right you want all of these desktops (170?) to be able to download some files specified in an XML file.

To use the local filesystem (e.g. save a file) you will need to make an executable. A user loading a SWF in their browser will never have access to downloading and saving a file to the users computer. Flash is designed that way, so you're not worried a website is saving files on your computer (beyond innocent cookies). 

You can use Adobe AIR which can save files or use a SWF projector extender like MDM Zinc or Screentime's mProjector. They can do as much and sometimes a lot more than AIR. I use all 3 and I download files in apps (AIR) and desktop (MDM Zinc). All 3 executables can be made for Windows, OSX and Linux. 

Is an executable acceptable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see how it works.

Thank you ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Feel free to post any questions saving local files on those methods.

You're welcome and good luck!

NandinhuuOliveira wrote:

I'll see how it works.

Thank you ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines