Skip navigation
ASilva316
Currently Being Moderated

How come my installed system font is not working???

May 15, 2012 5:25 AM

Tags: #font #bug #system_font

I installed a systemfont. It is working in al the other Adobe programs except in Adobe Muse. What van I do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2012 7:57 AM   in reply to ASilva316

I too have had this problem with a customer and reported it today, see the link to the forum below or copy of the post from the forum below. Basically they seem to be back peddling a little on one of the main selling features that they advertise to designers, not the the best response really, it is apparently a bug?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4412451#4412451

Problem with fonts in Muse on a PC?

May 16, 2012 4:08 AM

I have created a site in Muse and everything is fine when the file is opened on my mac where it was created. My customer has brought a muse subscription as they wanted to maintain it in house, but they are on a PC. Muse was installed on the PC fine.

I have now given them the Muse file and it opens up ok in the PC Muse version apart from copy in Myriad Pro Bold (I assume as it's not a standard system font, it uses a substitute). The body copy displays ok as it's just Myriad Pro and that seems to be a system font.

So, they have purchased Myriad Pro Bold font and installed the font to their fonts library on the PC (WINDOWS 7), but Muse will still not recognise it when the Muse file opens and it also doesn't appear in the systems fonts list in Muse? Does anyone know how to import a font into Muse on a PC so that they can view the site without it using a substitute font for Myriad Pro Bold?

Does the new font appear in any other program on their computer? The font should appear as "Myriad Pro". Then they would need to select the bold option on Muse's toolbar. Beware that Myriad will be rendered as an image, not live text. This will hurt the web site in search results. Consider using either a Typekit font or one of the 'web safe' fonts for maximum visibility of your client's site. There's no point in making a great site if nobody can find it.

• Was this helpful?
      |

• |

Mark as:

Yes, it appears in Word, which is why we couldn't figure out why it wouldn't at least appear in the system fonts section in muse? This bold version of the font is mainly used for navigation to control the look, so we chose that to use as a graphic, so I understand your point regarding searches, maybe the body copy can be altered to a more web friendly font, but this displays fine and appears in the menu as Myriad Pro, but it doesn't help us with the navigation display that we'd like to keep in bold and control the look of. Even with the font loaded in the library it dosen't appear as a sub weight of Myriad bold, so do you think we done something wrong to get Muse to recognise it is there, sorry I still don't understand why Muse hasnt added it to the system fonts library?

Mark as:

As the font appears correctly in Word, this topic becomes less of a 'general question about using Muse' and more of a bug report. http://forums.adobe.com/community/muse/adobe_muse_bugs

• Was this helpful?
      |

• |

Mark as:

Ok thanks, as I really need to address this issue for my customer, as I recommended that they buy a subscription to Muse to edit their website content in-house and one of the main selling features of Muse for them is that you can use any font and embed it into the website and it obviously isn't quite working on Muse for PC and for which they are now paying monthly. So can I report it somewhere asap, is there an area where you do this or do you log it as a bug now?

Mark as:

• Marian Driscoll
      Marian Driscoll,Community MemberMay 16, 2012 8:43 AMReportYou can try posting to the link in my last message.
      lizre wrote: ...they are now paying monthly...
      It may be good to start people out on free trial software before committing to being a franchisee of Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 9:09 AM   in reply to ASilva316

I think this thread may be confusing two different issues.

First, Muse only supports OpenType fonts. Older font technologies while available in other applications (including other Adobe applications) are not supported in Muse, and are unlikely to be supported anytime soon.

Second, for a .muse file created on the Mac and taken to Windows, or vice versa, it may be necessary to manually reassign the fonts that are used. This is due to the fact Windows and Macintosh report font names differently on the two platforms. We have work underway to resolve this in the next release of Muse, but for now taking .muse files across platforms can require manual reassignment of fonts (which can be made easier by leveraging paragraph and character styles).

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2012 3:37 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Can I just check if the issue above has been resolved for PC, as I am currently doing some upgrades to the files and I have managing the updates to the site for the customer in the meantime to help solve the font issues we have been having with Myriad Pro Bold? Althouh Myriad Pro works fine, just not not the bold weight.

All body copy has been changed to Arial in preparation of pasing this onto the clinet, but the menu navigation is still in Myriad Pro Bold to maintian the corporate look. Will this work on on a PC if I leave it or would it work if I used Myriad Pro and then used the bold in charater box to make the copy appear bold and not use Myriad Pro Bold it's self?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points