Skip navigation
Meer10
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot install PE10 in Win 7 C:\Program Files

Jun 14, 2012 1:23 AM

Hello,

i have been using various versions, including PE10, of Photo Elements on a Win XP machine for years.

I recently acquired a new pc: Win 7 (installed from genuine MS CD), i7 2600, 16 Gb memory. 

I re-downloaded (from Adobe My Account) PE10 (including installer) but when I tried to run Set Up in either C:\Program Files (64x and other) folders I received message that I was not empowered/authorized to access these folders.  I am the owner and only user of this pc.

How can I install PE10 where it should be: C:\Program Files ?

Only applications (which automatically installed faultlessly in C:\Program Files folder) presently installed are MS Office 2003 and DXO Optics Pro 7.5.

Thank you

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,806 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Jun 14, 2012 1:28 AM   in reply to Meer10

Photoshop Elements is a 32 bit program and installs in Program Files (x86)

Only Premiere Elements has 64 bit support and that will install in Program Files.

If you have SetUp.exe in your download folder simply double click it and everything should install itself automatically in the correct place.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,806 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Jun 14, 2012 2:22 AM   in reply to Meer10

I suspect that something may be going wrong in the browser during the download. There are a number of things you could try.

1. Uninstall via the control panel and try downloading the free trial and then enter your serial number.

2. Before starting, temporarily turn off internet security/anti-virus software.

3. Clear your browser cache and delete all cookies. Or use a different browser, if you have IE, like Foxfire or Google Chrome.

4. Try another extraction program like 7zip.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,806 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Jun 14, 2012 5:09 AM   in reply to Meer10

Click Contact Adobe at the bottom of this page and select your product. You can often open on-line chat if an agent is available.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points