Skip navigation
Corcy86
Currently Being Moderated

problem with printing pdf

Jun 14, 2012 2:47 AM

Tags: #problem #pdf #export #printing #indesign_cs5 #print

IF POSSIBLE REPLY IN ITALIAN

HI, i ve got a big problem.
i 've to create an A0 page in vectorial pdf, which has connected different files: .psd files for the images with transparency, and vectorial .pdf for the drawings from cad.

When i ve created my page, i export that in print pdf high quality.

1° problem: sometimes it fails and tells me there s not enough memory
2° problem: when print pdf is created, the plotter can t load it to print, it stops at 40% loading.

there s a way to make an easy vectorial print pdf?

using vectorial eps instead of vectorial pdf?

using transparent tiff instead of psd?

THANKS

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2012 4:14 AM   in reply to Corcy86

Sorry, I don't speak, or write, Italian.

The out of memory error suggests to me that the problem is most likely with the vector graphics, especially since they are coming from cad. I suspect they have too many points for InDesign to handle.

EPS is not a better choice, but there are some possible things for you to try. First would be to open the cad drawings in Illustrator and see if they can be simplified and saved as .ai or PDF from there. Second would be to export in pieces, but that probably is not possible for your project, which sounds like a large poster and only one page.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 5:33 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

It occurs to me that you might also want to try saving the vector drawings in a raster format instead.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 6:56 AM   in reply to Corcy86

There is nothing inherently bad about .eps, but it is an older format and isn't always as successful in InDesign as using native formats from Photoshop or Illustrator.

It depends where you drag and drop from whehter the results will be good or bad. Drag and drop from Bridge, Mac Finder and Windows Explorer are the same as File > Place... from othe sources it's the same as copy/paste.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points