Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Green noise in shadow areas with H.264 MP4 files from AME

Jun 14, 2012 9:00 AM

Tags: #problem #video #premiere_pro #premiere #cs5.5 #export #h.264 #encoding #media #encoder #media_encoder

Hello everyone - I am new to the forum and I have a problem I need help with... Here is the situation.

I am using Premiere Pro CS5.5 (verison 5.5.0) on a Mac OSX 10.7.3 - I am using AVCHD footage from a Panasonic GH2.  The footage looks fantastic until I use color correction from the Three way color corrector or RGB Curve adjustments.  I apply the effects to taste and then encode them with the following settings:

Codec: MainConcept H.264 Video

1920x1080

FPS 23.976

Widescreen 16:9

Profile: Main

Level: 4.2

Render at Maximum Depth - Checked

VBR, 1 Pass

Target Bitrate 32

Maximum 40

Use Maximum Render Quality - Checked

Multiplexing: MP4

Steam Compatibility: Standard

NOTE - The green is NOT there when I take off the effects and render the same clip.

Screen Shot 2012-06-14 at 11.47.54 AM.png

Please help me anyway you can!  Thank you and I will be glad to give any more information needed.  As a side note:  I rendered a new verison with the Profile set to "High" and the Level set to 5.1, but it did not help, it just made the green not as bright.  I have to be honest in saying that I don't know what those settings mean - Sorry!

Thank you so much!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2012 10:53 AM   in reply to brian.little

Hi Brian, think we could  get a copy of the source clips  you're seeing the green blocking on?  Would like to see if we can reproduce this in-house.  Email me offline and I'll send you the FTP upload info.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points