Skip navigation
JROnsager
Currently Being Moderated

Level Up Photoshop

Jun 15, 2012 5:51 AM

Tags: #photoshop #up #level

I can't get past level one.  I corrected the red eye, saved the image, and nothing happens.  How do I proceed?  How do you know if you've completed a mission?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2012 8:56 AM   in reply to JROnsager

After you save the image, the game advances to the next mission and the text in the game panel changes, showing the title of the new mission and the first step to completing it.

I suggest quitting Photoshop, restrating it, opening LevelUp, and playing mission one again. If the same problem persists, plee post here telling us what version of Photoshop you're using and what operating system you're running.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 11:55 AM   in reply to Terri Stone

Got the same problem, i did what you suggest but i'm still stuck to first level… (OS 10.7.4 - CS 5.5)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 1:20 PM   in reply to JROnsager

Thanks for the software information. We will investigate and come back to you with solutions!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2012 11:31 AM   in reply to Terri Stone

Hi.   I'm having the same issue.  CS6 using Windows 7 64 bit.

I'm saving lesson 1 in the LevelUp folder as a .psd.  The screen won't advance after saving.

Can't wait to continue going with this. Great concept and learning approach.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 10:38 AM   in reply to Terri Stone

Same issue as many on this page . I am stuck at level one . After doing the redeye fix did a save many times and stuck. I have Windows 7 64 bit if that helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 2:22 PM   in reply to updownman01

We're investigating and will let you know the fix when we have in it. And don't worry, the contest lasts for a full month, so you have lots more time to play!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 3:11 PM   in reply to updownman01

Also the version of CS6 is version 13.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 4:16 PM   in reply to updownman01

Hi all,

We are trying to reproduce this error. Can you let us know whether you received the first time login badge when you started up the panel and first submitted your name and email? Also, when you save in the first mission, do you get a popup dialog that says "Great Job! Are you happy with your results?"?

Thanks for trying Level Up and sorry that you are having trouble.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 7:02 PM   in reply to JROnsager

Hi all,

I have a version of the game that may fix this bug, but since I can't reproduce it I need help from one or more of you to test the new version. If you are interested in participating in some one-on-one help, please send me a private message with your contact info and availability. Also, please specify your time zone.

Thanks!

Mira

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 8:00 PM   in reply to Mira D

This may be of some value here I too am still having issues with level up but this time I saved the redeye first mission as a PNG file . This time I was able to advance to the next level. So what format SHOULD we be saving the files as for this game to work properly???

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 10:16 PM   in reply to Mira D

Hi Mira,

Not getting  "popup dialog that says "Great Job! Are you happy with your results?" after saving as both a .psd and .png files.  The screen is not advancing after that.

I noticed that the 'use image from adobe' takes a while to download on my end and doesn't inform the user that the image is downloading.  Not sure if the extension is making calls back to the server is what I think.

I have unintalled/reinstalled from adobe's server once again and yet the same issues.  Hope this helps.  Again, ready to play the game!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 4:27 PM   in reply to amer1canparatrooper

Hi all,

Can all of you that are having trouble confirm that you are keeping the panel open while playing the game?

If you close the Level Up panel and then reopen it, it will reset itself and not let you complete the mission. We are working on fixing this.

@updownman01 - you can save the image in any format you like. Level Up is not checking that you save it in a particular format.

Thank you!

Mira

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 5:02 PM   in reply to Mira D

Yes Mira, the panel is kept open, So far I can get to mission 2 the 6th step and do everything it asks for but it is clearly stuck.  Thank you for all your help. I have saved after the mission 2 sixth step but nothing I do makes it progress any further.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 6:23 PM   in reply to updownman01

Hi updownman01,

Step 6 asks you to change the blend mode of the duplicated layer to soft light (see image attached). Is that what you did?

Thanks!

softLight.png

Mira

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 11:23 AM   in reply to Mira D

Thank you Mira.

I was right clicking on the duplicated hue /saturation layer , going up to blending and changing to soft light and it was not progressing .  But changing to soft light  like your picture suggested did the trick.

I reserve the right to ask more dumb questions at a later date.  This is my first exposure to Photoshop , although have used programs like Corel XARA and Autocad in the past  . I can see how powerful this program is and also have ordered some dvds  to learn as much as I can to use this great software package.

Thanks again.

MB

-

Mira D <forums@adobe.com> wrote:

Mira D http://forums.adobe.com/people/Mira+D created the discussion

"Re: Level Up Photoshop"

To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4506082#4506082

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 4:19 PM   in reply to updownman01

Hi MB,

I am glad you got the game to move forward. And thanks for sharing your experience. You have encountered a bug. We will do our best to fix this. Your strategy for changing the blend mode works just as well as mine.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions.

Thanks!

Mira

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 1:51 PM   in reply to JROnsager

HI i am having the same problem, can't pass to level 2

I saved the red eye mission and it doesn't do anything

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 10:04 AM   in reply to Mira D

Anything new on this? I am having trouble progressing past Mission 2 as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 10:19 AM   in reply to BettySoutherland

I found if I remove the LevelUp palette from the dock, I can continue.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 10:21 AM   in reply to BettySoutherland

That's great!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 1:53 AM   in reply to JROnsager

Sorry to revive this, but I tried every suggestion in this thread and nothing has worked for me.

I'm still stuck at step 2 of the first mission, because Levelup doesn't seem to recognize the save-process and the "Great Job!..."-message never appears.

Since the "solutions" in this thread seem pretty random (like saving in PNG "suddenly" worked) i'll keep trying with some different settings, but a general advice

would be very welcome.

(I use CS6 Extended 64bit on Windows 7 64bit, but the 32bit version doesn't work in that respect either)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 7:56 AM   in reply to Antharanya

Antharanya, do you have a non-English version of Photoshop?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 1:10 PM   in reply to Terri Stone

Yes, German.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 1:38 PM   in reply to Antharanya

Ah, then I'm afraid you'll have to wait until we release a new version of LevelUp for Photoshop. It will fix that problem. I don't have an estimated release date at this time.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points