Skip navigation
dtpike
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere 7.0

Jun 15, 2012 4:37 AM

I am re-imaging my hard drive and when I tried to reload my Preimere 7.0 the disk has a scratch or someting, it just keeps failing. I need to download a fresh copy to install.

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2012 5:01 AM   in reply to dtpike

You will find best advice over on the video forum. Most of us here are photographers.

Click on the link below and copy and paste your question again. Good luck.

Video questions: Click here for Premiere Elements Forum

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2012 4:49 PM   in reply to dtpike

Moving discussion to the Premiere Elements forum

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 4:57 PM   in reply to Brett N

The program is nearly four years old, dt, and there is no place to download a legitimate copy.

If you can borrow a disc from someone, you can use your serial number to activate. Otherwise, I'm afraid your only solution is to buy a new disc.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 5:01 PM   in reply to dtpike

OK, Adobe does not offer replacement discs for older software, so my first step would be to try and make a Copy of that installation media. Often, a disc can be Copied, though it will not install. If you do not have any disc Copying software, the great, free burning utility, ImgBurn can do that for you. Use high-quality media, like Verbatim, or Taiyo-Yuden, or Falcon Pro.

If that does not work on your computer, find a friend/family-member, who has a different mutli-drive/burner, and try that process again. All multi-drives are NOT created equal, and that is why I always have two different brands in each workstation - some do better with disc A, while some do better with disc B.

Another possible option would be to find a Web site (legit), that still has the PrE 7.0 trial. I believe that all one had to do was plug in the S/N (which you already have), to convert the trial to the full-paid version. You might have success at ProDesign Tools, but they may ONLY have PrPRo trials, and until about version CS 5 (IIRC), conversion from trial to full-paid was a totally different matter.

Find a friend with PrE 7.0, borrow their installation disc, use it, then plug in YOUR S/N (very important).

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 5:02 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Looks like Steve beat me to the punch - should not have looked up, to see if Tiger Woods made the putt...

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 5:22 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

>should not have looked up, to see if Tiger Woods made the putt

Was there a blonde in his line of sight?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 6:27 PM   in reply to John T Smith

Yeah - though I am no longer the fan-boy, that I once was, I still cannot help but pull for his comeback. I felt that he was most likely the greatest player, to have ever played the game, and even over players, such as Phil Mickelson (big tie to The Valley of the Sun), always pulled for him. I also thought, in my naïveté, that he was a great role-model. Shows how little I know. Though I am still mad, and feel letdown, I cannot help but wish him the very best. Glad that I have been able to witness his career.

Going way back, my father played against Sneed, Nelson and Hogan, but I think that he relished watching Palmer and then Nicholas, and what they were able to do. By their time, things had changed greatly. Guess that I feel much the same about Woods. Maybe I can get over my anger, and find some way to forgive him.

Sorry to go so OT, and if Steve brances this to the Video Lounge, I completely understand.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2012 1:40 AM   in reply to dtpike

The link I include in All the links for PRE 9, 8 and 7 for PRE7 still works.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2012 7:37 AM   in reply to nealeh

Neale,

Am I correct that one could convert the "trial" to full-paid, with just the insertion of the S/N?

Sometimes, I get confused between how things worked in PrE vs PrPro.

Thank you,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2012 7:45 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt wrote:

Am I correct that one could convert the "trial" to full-paid, with just the insertion of the S/N?

Yes, that is correct.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers