Latest reply: Ortho_Fan, Jun 16, 2012 7:18 AM
Branched to a new discussion.
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Chris Campbell
    9,447 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 13, 2012 4:59 PM   in reply to Ortho_Fan

Just to let you know, we're working very closely with Mozilla on these issues.  We have at least one lead on the "crash on quit" bug so progress is being made.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2012 3:22 AM   in reply to Ortho_Fan

I fully agree with Ortho

pizza & beer for Chris &company! (after the fix )

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 5:41 PM   in reply to Ortho_Fan

Firefox 13.0.1 is out which seems to correct the silent crashes on exit: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/13.0.1/releasenotes/

I've re-enabled Protected Mode in Flash and so far haven't seen a crash in about:crashes.

I still have the issue where when I visit a page with Flash content the first time, it causes the browser to loose focus. That doesn't happen with Protected Mode off.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 5:57 PM   in reply to mrheadrick

Thanks for the feedback.

The messaging handling with regard to focus in protected mode is spectacularly tricky in a few cases, and we're aware of a few subtle/weird issues like this. 

We'll be working with Mozilla to improve that behavior over time.  I'll make sure that this behavior is included in the list of focus things that we're tracking.

The silent crash should be fixed with Flash Player 13.0.1.  There are still a couple other crash/hang issues on our radar, and we're working through the weekend to try and get those resolved and out to the community as quickly as possible.

While you guys are enjoying beers on the beach this weekend, have one for us. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 6:54 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi Chris,

I was having a problem with Firefox and the videos but I was able to fix it by following your instructions on "How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode in Firefox?"

I would like to be notify when this problem is solved. Also, once the problem is solved do we go back into RealPlayer and check that box again?

Thanks,

Amy

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2012 5:13 AM   in reply to Amylogamy

Hi. I agrre with

43. mrheadrick,

>I still have the issue where when I visit a page with Flash content the first time, it causes the browser to loose focus. That doesn't happen with Protected Mode off.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next