Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to correctly export and animation as layers from ps cs 5.1 to apple's motion?

Jun 14, 2012 11:42 PM

I've made an animation in photoshop CS 5.1 with three layers that I want to export to Apple's application Motion in order to work on each layer individually. I can easily make a quicktime file, but I can't work on each layer this way. When I import the photoshop file I get the prompt "All Layers," which I choose, but there is no movement when I hit play on the timeline. Only one frame is displayed when there are a number of different frames, and animations. So, I've tried everything I can think of, but can't seem to crack this one. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using an IMac with 8 gigs of ram and 3 external hard drives with a terabyte internal drive.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2012 12:11 AM   in reply to lluvaas

Have you consulted Motion’s Help, googled or posted on a Macintosh Forum to find out which formats (and features) Motion supports?

And may I ask what work you want to perform on Layers that you would prefer to do outside of Photoshop?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 3:06 AM   in reply to lluvaas

Animated PSD layers are not even supported in After Effects, so it's extremely doubtful any of that would show up in a program from a competing vendor who would have to reverse-engineer it.... Therefore your ojnly option is to show/ hide layers as needed and render out separate sequences of the individual parts.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2012 12:50 AM   in reply to lluvaas

lluvaas, you seem to have replied twice with empty posts – maybe you should reply from the Browser in case your email-replies are damaged.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 5:15 AM   in reply to lluvaas

Transparency support/ Alpha channels depend on the chosen file format. TIFF or PSD sequences will work just fine as will PNGs. Likewise, Quicktime Animation or PNG CoDecs support Alpha channels.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points