Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Need to reset YouTube username and password!

Jun 16, 2012 6:05 AM

Tags: #elements_10 #you_tube #upload_failure

Hi

I recently attempted to upload a video to you tube. Following this failed attempt I am unable to progress past the first upload screen.

I select "Upload Video to YouTube", and select an appropriate video type (e.g. Flash video for YouTube... although I have tried most types now).

I then click Next and then immediately get the message

Failed

Sorry, an error occur during the uploading process. Please try again later.

This has now been occuring for several days.

At this point in the process there isn't even an option to change username and password!

I have tried Edit, Preference, Web Sharing, Refresh, but again with no change.

Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2012 7:14 AM   in reply to BLZP

It seems that Youtube has changed some things, yet again. Several users have commented that they now need to sign in with their Google account first.

With your Web browser, can you sign in to your YouTube account?

If you can, then you can Export/Share the PrE Project to a file (this FAQ Entry will provide you with some info), and then manually upload it to YouTube, until you are able to sort things out with regard to PrE and the YouTube sign in.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2012 7:19 AM   in reply to BLZP

This THREAD might prove useful too.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 12:24 AM   in reply to BLZP

I just got this email from Google. The troubleshooting steps only apply to a mail client. I'm pretty sure the unauthorised attempt, which contained the correct user naem and password, was Premiere Elements.  I think Google has made me a victim of its ubiquity. As though managing passwrods were not already difficult enough.

Someone recently tried to use an application to sign in to your Google Account, xxxxxx@gmail.com. We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

Wednesday, 20 June 2012 22:27:06 GMT
    IP Address: 76.74.170.7 (adobe.com)

If you do not recognise this sign-in attempt, someone else might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately. Find out how at http://support.google.com/accounts?p=reset_pw

If this was you and you want to give this application access to your account, complete the troubleshooting steps listed at http://support.google.com/mail?p=client_login

Sincerely,
    The Google Accounts Team

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 8:23 AM   in reply to BLZP

Interesting, and thanks for reporting.

I never use a direct upload to YouTube, so will be of little help. However, many here do, so they will need to comment. I have no idea why it would work initially, with the new install, but not a second time. Sorry.

Good luck, and Steve, Neale, or another user will need to weigh-in.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 8:25 AM   in reply to BLZP

Not sure if it will help, but just saw the last Rely in this THREAD?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 9:45 AM   in reply to BLZP

Great news! I am glad that Adobe T/S was able to help you, through Live Chat.

Thank you for posting the instructions that worked for you. That WILL help others in the future.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2012 12:08 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I have the same problem and executed the same solution. I logged on OK the first time, but the video, once rendered, failed and subsequent logins fail.

I suspect it has something to do with my Google Account being protected by verification and whilst the initial application specific password works for the initial login, the time taken for the video to render means the account logs out before the upload begins. In theory, my standard login should then work with this application but it doesnt. I went through all the drama of changing my google account password but it doesnt make any difference. So, I will just have to upload manually until Adobe sort this issue out.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2014 4:12 PM   in reply to BLZP

I started having a similar issue after I changed my Google/Youtube password recently...  When attempting to uplaod to Youtube through Adobe Preimiere Elements 12 I get this error message...

"Online services iencountered an error.  The service will now be terminated or paused if possible."

I implemented the fix desribed above.   I got a new message indicating "downloading presets" which hung for a while before finally returning the original error message.

"Online services iencountered an error.  The service will now be terminated or paused if possible."

Now there are no options beneath Youtube to even allow for choosing a format or uploading.

Any ideas?

Hanoihancock

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points