Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Extracting images from pdf

Jun 14, 2012 5:12 PM

I am trying to extract images from pdfs using pdfimages, but i am unable to retrieve all the images. By opening the pdfs using Acrobat Reader 9.0, I am able to select, those images retrieved by pdfimages, using the select tool but for other figures/images we need to try other options like print screen and then cut the relevant image. I was wondering why or when does the Acrobat treats the figures/images differently.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2012 5:14 AM   in reply to gksahay27

We do not provide any support for non-Adobe products in these forums.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2012 4:58 PM   in reply to gksahay27

It has to do with how the images are created. Print Screen is never the way to go in Acrobat. In Acrobat there is an edit object tool and we have the ability to crop files. Snapshot is not preferred since it compromises the resolution of the image being copied. In Reader, Adobe has provided only the snapshot tool, as it is mostly a tool for reading pdfs. People creating content are encouraged to use Acrobat Std or Pro.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 1:35 AM   in reply to gksahay27

'Images' in PDF are bitmaps, such as JPEG or TIFF files placed on a page. PDFs can also contain 'graphics' (such as EPS or AI files) which are vector shapes, and are therefore not exported with the rest of the images.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points