Skip navigation
joey825
Currently Being Moderated

Where's MY LIBRARY?

Jun 14, 2012 2:00 PM

I recently went to some CS videos from Julieanne Kost and when I saved two in "My Library" there are none that I saved from last year. What happened to them. I was in a community college advanced CS5 course and was saving them for future. I went to the "MY Library" tab above and only her two new ones were saved there. When I got to MY Library none of the 30 or so videos I saved in MY Library from last year are there. WHERE ARE MY SAVED VIDEOS IN MY LIBRARY GONE?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 13, 2012 4:37 PM   in reply to joey825

Your library is not a Photoshop thing, but a directory on your computer.

Your files are where you put them, or gone if you deleted them from your computer.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 5:16 PM   in reply to joey825

that is the way to "sweet talk" them.

your question did not use the word "Adobe".

how would anyone know.

but it seems you can type.

vince

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 5:38 PM   in reply to joey825

What web site are you referring to?

Perhaps Photoshop.com (which is not the same thing as Photoshop, and has a different forum: Photoshop.com Support )

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 5:56 PM   in reply to joey825

Do you mean Adobe TV?

http://tv.adobe.com/

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 6:58 PM   in reply to joey825

You're not giving us much to go on here, and not making a lot of sense. 

(first you say the old library entries are missing, then you say that the library is the same as last year)

OK, so it is probably tv.adobe.com you're referring to.

And some time ago you bookmarked some videos, but now those videos are not visible in your library.  Is that correct?

Are you sure that you signed in on the same user account?  Each account has their own bookmarks/library.

Could you have saved bookmarks to older content that has now been removed?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 7:22 PM   in reply to joey825

Can you get this question to someone in a higher pay scale than you?

You do realize you are posting in a user-to-user Photoshop forum, don't you?

"...higher pay scale?"   Really?

How funny.

The vast majority of posters here are Photoshop users, like you.

Chris Cox is an Adobe employee (a senior Photoshop engineer - we are lucky to have contribute here), but I bet the only person at a higher pay scale at Adobe than Chris might be Shantanu Narayen. ()

My guess is you saved these on-line via Adobe TV... and they either had some screw-up or purged older accounts, or you logged in incorrectly.

My guess is the latter.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 9:07 PM   in reply to joey825

You're way off base, joey.  You can't even find your way to the site you were using.  There's nothing that can be saved here in this user-to-user forum, nor any place to save things in.

You owe several people here an apology.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jun 14, 2012 1:19 PM   in reply to joey825

Assuming it even WAS an Adobe site you used before, beyond the fact that Adobe's web site programmers aren't the brightest it's naive to think that any company would care enough about you personally to maintain such trivial information for you literally for years.  If you have the experience you say you do you shouldn't find that surprising at all.

Everything Adobe maintains for you on Adobe.com is accessible via the My Adobe link.  Click the red logo at the top of this page, then My Adobe.  If the stuff you're looking for isn't there, it's probably no longer to be found.

I suggest that if you don't turn these video links up, you just go find the videos again via searches, then add the URLs to your own favorites folder on your system this time around, and/or maybe even make a list of the titles and save them separately.

By the way, on another note this is why all this "Cloud" BS will never be the panacea of goodness the companies all claim it will be.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jun 14, 2012 1:25 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

You've looked here, right?

AdobeTVLibrary.jpg

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 1:59 PM   in reply to joey825

Hi, Joey,

I've contacted the Adobe TV team and they found a bug in library function of Adobe TV.  They expect it to be fixed by tomorrow.

I'll move this post to the Community Help forum as it's not specifically related to Photoshop.

--Kirsti

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 2:00 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

By the way, on another note this is why all this "Cloud" BS will never be the panacea of goodness the companies all claim it will be.

Exactly what I was thinking...

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jun 14, 2012 5:49 PM   in reply to joey825

Hi Joel,

I'm sorry that you may have felt my response was "cruel".

It's good to hear that Adobe is willing to try to correct this issue.  I say "try" because their track record of getting their web programming right is pretty dismal.  I'd love to hear back whether they actually resurrect your links you saved before.

I stand by what I said:  It's optimistic to expect Adobe to keep personal data for you.  Take steps to protect it yourself on your own computer.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 5:45 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel Carboni wrote:

...on another note this is why all this "Cloud" BS will never be the panacea of goodness the companies all claim it will be.

The phrase "Cloud BS" immediately pops into my head the instant I hear the word cloud used in this context.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 6:06 PM   in reply to joey825

Hi Joey,

but I just hate to deal with other responders beyond the direct relationship with

the company representatives.  Some of the "side" comments are

unnecessary and sometimes crude/cruel.

Glad you got this problem solved. But just to be clear:

Adobe sends people HERE when official support can’t figure out a (usually PEBCAK) Photoshop problem. The smart users come here first.

AND 

It was your rude and pompous tone and language in posts 2 and 6 that elicited the feedback you complain about.  From people trying to help you. Not good karma bud.

Now, the plural of Octopus is… __________________ .   And why?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 6:24 PM   in reply to joey825

A tangent, but just to end on a less negative note, a history of the plural of "octopus" courtesy of Merriam-Webster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFyY2mK8pxk

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jun 16, 2012 6:43 AM   in reply to joey825

Impressive!  Well done, Adobe.  You're beginning to regain my respect.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points