Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

resizing a list

Jun 15, 2012 5:27 PM

Hey guys,

I have a kind of beginner question. I made a document with four layers:

background - parting linies - head lines - information

Each layer has many many elements (like parting lines: parting line 1, parting line 2, parting line 3 > each transformed 50 pixels).

The final result is a list that looks like this:

Head Line

- info

- info

Head Line

- info

- info

Now I want to resize the distances between each list element to 60 pixels. And it's a list that consists out of about 200 boxes. Is it possible to transform all elements the same way? Or do I have to mark each element on each layer that I want to transform? And which tool do I have to use? I have three columns and it would really take a long time to do this for each box and each elment of the box :-( There must be another way...

I hope someone understands my beginner problem :-/ Hard to explain in English

Thanks for your support...

Replies
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,858 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jun 15, 2012 5:41 PM   in reply to _snickers

If these are still Type layers then use the Character styles panel.  Select all the text, and adjust the line spacing.  (upper right corner of the panel)

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2012 2:13 AM   in reply to _snickers

Could you please post a screenshot with the Layers Panel visible?

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,858 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jun 16, 2012 12:57 PM   in reply to _snickers

We can't see what is going on because the layers are hidden groups, but I suspect each Type layer is a seperate layer, which means you will have to move them one at a time. If you want to increase the distance betweenn a group of type layers, then just move the group, but I have a feeling you would have thought of that.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 17, 2012 5:47 AM   in reply to _snickers

Or can't I mark all I need and say "10 px down" like in Illustrator or Indesign?

Select the Layer Groups, set the Ruler to pixels, hit command-T (or ctrl-T) and change the Y-setting in the Options Bar accordingly.

Unfortunately the Options Bar’s entry fields don’t support mathematical operations yet.

It would be possible to create a Script to get an entry-dialog for the offset, but that hardly seems worthwhile.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points