Skip navigation
kwhitehall
Currently Being Moderated

Interactive PDF asking for signature, no sig was set up in document

Jun 15, 2012 5:02 PM

Note: I also posted this in the Indesign forum because I don't know where the problem is originating.

I have  exported an interactive PDF from InDesign CS.5 which works exactly how it's supposed to. Everything is fine except that anyone who is using Adobe Reader (vs. Adobe Acrobat Pro) is getting a message that they are supposed to sign the document. Only problem is, I didn't set up a signature field in InDesign or Acrobat. I've attached a screenshot. When I did this project last year, Reader X wasn't out yet and everything worked perfectly without this problem in Reader 9.

I've gone into my preferences and removed and unchecked anything having to do with digital signatures or certificates from Acrobat and resaved with no luck. Anyone know how to get rid of this message/request?Screen shot 2012-06-15 at 3.59.15 PM.png

Also, the actual signature area is grayed out.

Screen shot 2012-06-15 at 2.59.33 PM.png

My client is not happy and I need to figure out how to make the document stop asking for this signature.

Thanks.

Replies
  • George Johnson
    11,667 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Jun 15, 2012 5:59 PM   in reply to kwhitehall

I think this has something to do with the new EchoSign functionality. If you only have buttons, as opposed to text fields, check boxes, etc., try setting up standard password security so that form filling is disallowed. The buttons will still work, but the message may go away. I can't test it at the moment, but I'd be interested to know if this works.

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,667 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Jun 16, 2012 11:55 AM   in reply to kwhitehall

Thanks for the update, that's good to know.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points