Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Host: Unable to load application configuration + wrong install version on download

Jun 16, 2012 2:02 AM

i am using 64 bit windows 7 ... when unable to playing video, it redirects me to the adobe download pages to get flash player ... the page says i am about to download flashplayer for win7 64 bit, of 9MB approximately, but the file i get has name "install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe" (NOTE THE NUMBER 32) and this file just wont install it ends with error message: HOST: Unable to load application configuration ...

By google i found also file install_flashplayer11x64_mssd_aih.exe (NOTE THE NUMBER 64) ... this file runs the install, i get the final screen saying "installation completed" but after clicking the "finish" button i get an error message saying "an error occured while sending a command to the program" ...

I am just getting mad ... its 3 days i am trying to figure aout this problem ...

i also tryed files as "install_flash_player_11_plugin.exe" , "install_flash_player_11_plugin.msi" , "install_flash_player_11_active_x.exe" and "install_flash_player_11_active_x.msi" ... those files actually proceeds with the install, but at the end, the videos are still not displaying ...

When i am checking the plugins statuses in my firefox addons manager, it says Shockwave Flash is all right ...

The precedent version of flash player was working just fine, i do not understand why you must make such a mess every 2 months ...

How do i get work this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2012 6:08 PM   in reply to attila-farkas

attila-farkas wrote:

By google i found also file install_flashplayer11x64_mssd_aih.exe

You shouldn't use Google to find old installers, better use links on the Adobe website like http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-pr oblems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_header

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 5:59 PM   in reply to attila-farkas

Can you give us the URL of the Adobe page with the wrong link?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 2:59 AM   in reply to attila-farkas

3 days???  I already gave you the link to the direct download of the combined (32-bit & 64-bit) installers in my first reply.  Why did you still need Google to find strange downloads on 3rd-party download sites?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 3:00 AM   in reply to attila-farkas

P.S. and the link I gave you was for installers that do not include any bundled software.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points