Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

UIFramework.dll

Jun 16, 2012 3:24 PM

Tags: #10 #uiframework.dll

Customer of mine is having trouble starting Premiere Elements 10.

When he clicks the icon, nothing happens

Windows generates an event error in the Application log saying a fault is with UIFramework.dll

Support or working on it, but are being a bit useless really (there last suggestion was try removing UIFramework.dll from the PE directory!)

Anyone had any similar problems?

Cheers

Ben

http://revuguru.com

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2012 4:02 PM   in reply to BenPadstow

Welcome to the forum.

I cannot recall seeing a UIFramework error, and that goes for several other Adobe programs, such as Audition, PrPro and AfterEffects.

My first thought would be some sort of corruption in the file. Unfortunately, I do not have PrE 10, to give you a size and date/time on that file.

It might come down to doing an uninstall/reinstall (hate to say that, as it's the first line of the script that T/S seems to use), but I do no believe that PrE offers a Repair Install (Adobe seems to be dropping that option, and I cannot imagine why).

Good luck, and wish I had more to offer.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2012 4:37 PM   in reply to BenPadstow

OK. You are ahead of me.

Did you gather the error data from Event Viewer, or another source?

If not from Event Viewer, I'd take a look there, in hopes that there is a link in one of the warning, or error messages, around the time of the problem. Possible that a low-level driver is getting in the way of the .dll loading, or a memory address issue, with something hooking a memory address, but reporting that it's free for PrE to use.

Also, you might want to take a look at this ARTICLE. It starts with a general checklist for getting PrE to work. The second part, tuning up the OS and computer will likely not be of any use here, but one never knows. It finishes with many links on troubleshooting.

As uncommon (considering all the Adobe programs, that use a version of that .dll) as he error is, I am thinking something specific to the client's system - but could be very wrong.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2012 4:40 PM   in reply to BenPadstow

How about more information about the client's system?

-http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

>UIFramework

Hmm... some people have had problems when the AERO interface is active... is it here?

Also, so the helpers here don't have to funnel questions through you... you might suggest your client join the forum and add his information to this thread

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2012 7:42 PM   in reply to BenPadstow

One thought - what happens if you/the client Rt-clicks on the icon, and chooses to Run As Adminisrator?

Second thought - is there any disc in any of the multi-drives? They should be totally empty.

Good luck, and this IS an odd one.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2012 7:46 PM   in reply to BenPadstow

One last thought. Does the client have any VST's for audio-editing programs installed? If so, see this ARTICLE.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points