Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Bridge CS3 not opening Photoshop Image Processor

May 10, 2012 2:55 PM

Tags: #photoshop #help #adobe #bridge #image_resizing #photoshop_cs3 #bridge_cs3

I selected one, four, and multiple pictures in Bridge to reduce the file size of jpgs. I went to Tools > Photoshop > Image Processor. Nothing happened. Photoshop did not open. That got me to thinking that sometimes while I am in Photoshop Bridge won't open either. Any ideas on resolving issue of "Bridge not opening Photoshop Image Processor" would be greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2012 5:52 PM   in reply to General_USA

Check in preferences/startup scripts and make sure you have at least a check mark for Bridge and Photoshop.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 11, 2012 12:18 AM   in reply to General_USA

Hello Curt Y, Everything is checked in the "Startup Scripts," including Bridge (twice) and Photoshop (twice). Not sure why duplicate entries but there are.

If you mean that you have two of the same versions (both CS3) in there that indicates there is something wrong with your install

If you have any suggestions regarding being able to access the Image Processor to resize pictures and such without first opening Photoshop, I'd greatly appreciate it. If not, the work around will have to suffice.

My first goal would be to reset the preferences for both PS and Bridge and then try again

see also this KB document, section preferences reset:

http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge-wi ndows.html

And inhere also info on how to retrieve your path for cache to manual delete it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 12:10 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

I'm experienceing complications when creating a contact sheet using inDesign CS3. I'm selecting .JPEG images using Adobe Bridge CS3 on an Apple PPC; to create using inDesign. I've confirmed that all of the startup scripts are checked in Bridge's preferences. I've navigated down to:

Hard Drive:Applications:Adobe Bridge CS3:Presets:

After I placed ContactSheet_ID.jsx in Presets folder nothing worked.

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 5:57 PM   in reply to macphoto

Not a Mac guy, nor an InDesign guy,  but does the Bridge contact sheet in CS3 work?  Or is it just the InDesign contact sheet placed in Bridge that does not work? 

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 6:07 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Well, it hasn't worked for me so far. But yes, it's the inDesign script that does all the work. But having this functionality work through Bridge makes for an efficient workflow. I'm interested with implementing it as an alternative way to present assignments I've photographed on speculation. I believe .JPEG's are too convenient and that's why I'm delivering .PDF contact proofs and presentations.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 6:29 PM   in reply to macphoto

InDesign contact sheet may not be compatable.  Can you use the Bridge contact sheet?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 6:48 PM   in reply to Curt Y

I thought they were one in the same. Sure, I'll try! Where do I download the Adobe Bridge version of the contact sheet script?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 7:04 PM   in reply to macphoto

I believe in CS3 it is in Tools.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 7:16 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Yes, it is positioned under Tools.  However, why can't Bridge read the script? Where would I find the Adobe Bridge version of the ContactSheet_ID.jsx script? And where should the .jsx be nested on my local computer?

Picture 5.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 7:26 PM   in reply to macphoto

Check out this link http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=433352

They use CS3 and InDesign contact sheet.  Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 8:07 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Thanks, its an informative link. But it doesn't answer my question. Good lead though!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 8:12 PM   in reply to macphoto

At least now you know it should work as you were trying.  Might do a little more web surfing and see if you can find out why yours does not.

Don't rule out resetting preference in Bridge.  On mac hold down option key and start Bridge.  You should get a reset window with 3 options.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points