Skip navigation
ojoyfulone
Currently Being Moderated

Having trouble publishing my movie of buttons

Jun 16, 2012 7:30 AM

Hi!!

I have created a movie of buttons attaching the AS code snippet "click to go to web page" to each button.  When I publish the movie and insert the code in my HTML document, the URLs will not work?? 

But, when I test the movie in Flash, the buttons work just fine.  Also, if I open the SWF file, it gives me a popup box that says something about Adobe Flash Player Secruity.  Says to click on Settings and then reload the file, but it never works???

This is what I have tried so far and it's not much:

1.  Checked to make sure that the URL information was correct. 

2.  Tried creating a new document with a copy of just one of the buttons that I have made and attach just the URL link under options in the Properties panel to it and that does not even work??  I didn't do it that way because I don't like how it puts the underline under the words when creating the URL, but thought I would see if it worked that way and it didn't??  

Not sure why the movie will not work when I publish it? 

Question, I should not see the actual AS code snippet in the published file, correct (the code I'm copying and pasting into my HTML document)? 

If any of you guys have any idea of what is happening, I would very much appreciate your input!

Thanks!

Joy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2012 2:19 PM   in reply to ojoyfulone

You should show the differ pieces of code that go with your explanation.  Using code snippets is not the norm for most folks that help here, so seeing what you are using helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2012 6:57 PM   in reply to ojoyfulone

The actionscript code appears to be fine.  Have you tried testing the html page live on a server?  You mention something about code you are putting into the html document... what does that code look like?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 3:31 PM   in reply to ojoyfulone

You'll have better luck testing on a server, especially if it involves linking to pages on other servers.  If you have the security settings coming up while trying to test locally, then you have to adjust the settings to allow access for your files.  You should let Flash publish an html file and test using that file instead of anything Dreamweaver might do.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points