Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Interesting US Open

Jun 16, 2012 6:37 PM

Well, we are getting down to the final day, and Olympic Club's Lake Course, is playing hard. Who needs the leaders to be - 40, at the end of Saturday?

Some old names, but some new names too.

Should be a good Sunday.

Hunt

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2012 9:03 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

yeah, pretty incredible tournament so far...

I have a feeling the 1st 6 holes will decide who really pulls ahead or not tomorrow..  but who knows...that course is tough, even when they get on the green...they seem to be real fast one day and kinda slow another..

Then theres the wind factor...who knows what it will do tomorrow...

Will certainly be fun to watch...

That 17 year old is doing pretty amazing !

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 8:27 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

U.S.Open?  What are you talking about.  We just finished the French Open, Wimbledon is next.  The U.S Open doesn't happen till late August.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 9:08 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I didn't see anything egregious

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 10:04 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

It should be up now

BTW I sent you a PM

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 7:39 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

yeah, whats with those commentator guys...sometimes they yap so much about dumb stuff I'm looking at someone T off and have no clue what hole they're at or what the leaderboard stats are and so on...

Like, " shut up and talk about whats going on NOW will ya ?? "

And then they start editing the live cameras so much you dont see Tiger for like 8 holes of play....to see how he's doing cause he's out of the top 6 ...

Oh well, it was fun to watch... pretty amazing players.  Now that I recently got into "playing" again ( even though I am still on the beginner course with the giant frog and windmills ) I am enjoying watching the various swings and basic body motion of people playing irons and drivers and so on....

Plus there is the added attraction of the " total blunder " that cracks me up ...like someone shooting from one sand trap , across the green, into ANOTHER sand trap !   That gets me rolling on the floor !

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 8:36 AM   in reply to able123

the giant frog and windmills

And you get so many more holes in one that way!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 5:05 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

hehe...Stan...but when I show my scorecard to people later on they always ask, " What are all these cartoons of snoopy and underdog doing on your scorecard ?? "

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 8:25 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

hehe... yeah, this FROG has an opening in front and comes out rear....and I was suspicious about giving my ball to the frog...so I chipped over his head..

frog.jpg

good going, Bill, on your trophy !  No wonder you putt well on the real course now !

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 12:07 PM   in reply to able123

Well, I just played my first 18 hole long course today ( it's near my new apt. and owned by the same family that has the short par 3 -  9 hole course ).

It was a real eye opener for me.  For one thing there are a lot of hills...and I was pulling a little 2 wheel 'cart' with clubs on it. After a while I was singing, " The Bear Went Over The Mountain " after every T shot...

Also, since my slices and hooks were all over the course...I yelled FORE a lot....and people on both sides of me ( within 250 yards ) would cringe and duck behind their electric golf carts !  Then I would yell " ALL CLEAR " when my ball came to rest...because it became apparent nobody could tell what was going on and fear was ramped up on the country course in general ....I think they are planning on making me take an air horn with me when I go out again...so I can give it a good blast just before I Tee off...

Now I'm trying to figure out what happened, and how to correct stuff.  Kinda like after a big battle the general sits down and tries to figure out what happened....especially when it is obvious that " things cannot continue like this " is the prevailing thought of the day...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)