• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse - Big problems with SEO/Metadata?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently completed mysite using adobe muse but I'm having major problems with the metadata tool, essentially it does not work.

I cannot find my site anywhere on google unless I type in the domain itself despite the fact that I have inserted a full description and several keywords.  When it does appear the description isn't what it's supposed to be. Rather than take the actual description it just takes a paragrapgh from my site.

Does the metadata option on Adobe Muse actually work? Has anyone used it successfully. Seems to be a major flaw in the Adobe Muse product.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

While Muse does insert metadata into your page properly, search engines do not rely 100% on it. You can add some semantic properties to your pages by creating paragraph styles, applying them, and then choosing the tag type in the paragraph style options. You can add h1, h2, and so on, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Metadata works fine in Muse. The problem is that meta data is mostly ignored by today's search engines.

The "page properties" is just a magic feather that Adobe is giving you to think you have some control over SEO. If the Muse developers were serious about SEO and web design in general, they'd offer a better way to semantically structure your page.

I would not expect this until release 3 or 4, based on the current management of the project, and if the project survives to an official product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Muse does insert metadata into your page properly, search engines do not rely 100% on it. You can add some semantic properties to your pages by creating paragraph styles, applying them, and then choosing the tag type in the paragraph style options. You can add h1, h2, and so on, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much sir but a few more questions..(I am a Wordpress user) Where do I find or how do I ass " semantic properties to your pages by creating paragraph styles, applying them, and then choosing the tag type in the paragraph style options. You can add h1, h2, and so on, for example.

I am trying to learn this Muse..seems very positive but I cannot figure out how to do seo with muse as I have not figured out where to insert Meta info , header info or tags like i can with WordPress. Do you have any suggestions on this...also, have you had any luck with contact forms in Muse?..is it possible to export some of the new widget features of Dreamweaver CS6 into muse somehow.

Maybe I cab aleady do contact forms..Im I overlooking it?

Thanks

www.nathangassman.com

gassmannetworks@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To insert the meta-data or header info to a page right click on it and go the Page Properties -> Metadata.

To choose the tag types for the paragraph styles, create the paragraph style and then double click on it.

To create contact forms refer to this document, How do I add a contact form / feedback form to my site? - http://forums.adobe.com/message/4298108#4298108

To insert the DW CS6 widgets, you have to get the code of the widget and insert as html. On the Menu Bar, Object->Insert HTML.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhishek Maurya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find my site anywhere on google unless I type in the domain itself despite the fact that I have inserted a full description and several keywords.  When it does appear the description isn't what it's supposed to be. Rather than take the actual description it just takes a paragrapgh from my site.

Having the metadata in you site is not going to guarantee your site will show up in Google. Also Google does not use the meta keywords tag in determining what to show for search results. If you have your site all setup with what you want to be found for then you need to look to off page items. You can have a great optimized site but without having links from outside your site you will have a hard time seeing it show up. If you looking for ways to improve your link profile check out www.pointblankseo.com for some great strategies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a comprehensive guide to SEO strategy in Muse, please see the following tutorial:

Strategies for Muse site search engine optimization

For specific instructions how to add metadata/keywords, jump to the section:

Adding metadata keywords and descriptions to page properties

Best regards,

Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I know this was a few years back, but I have done everything to try get my site to appear on Google and even after all that was suggested in this thread, I still cant!! any one done all of this and their SEO on Muse actually worked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing I recommend is you are hosting outside of Adobe (ie third party) is to create a new site map and replace the one created by Muse. It works for Adobe hosting on Biz Cat but it's a hot mess otherwise. My SEO is working but I have also spent extensive time in Google Analytics as well, doing structured highlighting can help depending on the nature or the site. Also, take a look at J-26 SEO Widgets for Muse and read the blog too. Great stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines