Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Sequence Codec problem in CS6

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am running CS6. I am happily editing away, close down for the night. Leave my computer on. Come back in the morning. Start up PPro again and go to open last night's project and I get this error:

"This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type"

I cannot open the project. In fact I cannot now open any of my CS6 projects. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my AJA Adobe Utilities and AJA Kona LHi drivers (10.3.1) to no avail.

I know someone's had this problem before with proxy files and switching computers but all I have done is close the project one night and tried to reopen it the next morning.

Anybody seen this before or know of a solution? I'm on a MacPro 4,1 running Lion 10.7.4. I am subscribed to the Adobe Creative Cloud. Could that be a factor?

Thanks.

Alex Hawkins

Canberra, Australia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem a few days ago. Finished editing for the day, woke up next morning, started Premiere and there was the same message.

I installed Windows and Premiere back again and it is working (for now). Maybe you could do the same - it worked for me.

I have tight deadlines for my current work so I don't have time to research. Hope Adobe will fix this in next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well having done a bit of investigating for some reason most of my sequence presets say that I need a required plug in that is not currently installed. Please re-install missing plug-in(s) and try again or choose another preset.

What is(are) the missing plug-in(s)?? Does anyone know?? Is this some sort of bug??

The only sequence presets where this message does not show up is all the DV presets, the DVCPRO presets and the Mobile & Devices presets. Every other preset is a no go and comes up with the message mentioned above.

Any help on this intriguing, frustrating, annoying problem would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Can you attach your Plugin Loading Log?  You'll find it here on MacOS:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Pro/6.0

On Win 7 it is here:

[user folder]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\6.0

If you can't attach it to this thread, you could upload it somewhere like yousendit.com.

_After_ you've saved your plug-in loading log, try relaunching Premiere Pro while holding the Shift key down to delete the plug-in cache.

BTW the Creative Cloud membership doesn't sound like the problem.

Regards,

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type"

May it be activation problem?

Try creating new project and look at sequence preset list. If there are no presets used in your projects that's why you cannot open them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zac, Thanks for your reply.

I'm on Mac 10.7.4. I don't have a Premiere Pro folder inside Application Support/Adobe. I have an Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 folder with a legal folder inside that.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Alex,

Sorry if it wasn't clear - the tilde '~' character refers to your user folder, but maybe that's more programmer-speak.

Can you check here: Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Pro/6.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zac, I know what you mean but I do not have a Premiere Pro folder in that location. I still can't locate the actual file you want. These are the folders listed under my user name: Applications; Desktop; Documents; Downloads; Movies; Music; Pictures; Public; Sites.

Just as an update, I too believe it could have something to do with the Creative Cloud subscription because, interestingly, whenever the problem occurs I am immdeiately asked to licence my software via signing in with my creative cloud membership. Once I do this, create a new project then close it, hey presto I can now reopen my original projects and the presets are all back...

Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, in 10.7, MacOS hides the ~/Library folder:

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/08/25/mac-101-easily-show-the-library-folder-in-lion/

I would like to get a Plugin Loading.log file from anyone who is running into this problem.  Please only send a log if you are currently seeing the bug behavior, not if you have resolved it by starting a new project.

cswalsh, are you on MacOS 10.7 too?

TomZid2012 said he saw this error on Windows.  For anyone hitting this problem on Windows, does the suggested solution to start a new project and reactivate help to workaround the issue?

For anyone seeing this error message, what operating system are you using?  And please let us know if the suggested solution works for you.

Thanks for all the input and help to narrow down this issue,

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for you that are running into this problem, a new question from the Creative Cloud engineering team:

Do you have a copy of Premiere Pro CS5 in active use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 7 64bit.  Starting a new project did work but only after I contacted Adobe's servers to reauthorize my account.

Premiere Pro CS5 and Premiere Pro CS5.5 are both installed on my computer.

The problem did come up after a Premiere crashed on me to the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zac - I'm still on Snow Leopard, 10.6.8.   I do have an old version of Premiere CS5 on this machine -- but I never use it.  Would be happy to uninstall if that helps.

Like Wes says, I first ran into this after a crash (due to accidentally slip trimming a clip with black slug on either side).  I updated to the lastest build and hit the bug again even after normal shutdown. 

As of today CS6 is running fine again, after reboot, didn't need to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Wes and cswalsh, this is great feedback.  It does sound like this is the issue the Creative Cloud eng team is working on as bug #3202470.

If anyone else has their findings to add, with their system info, please chime in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same problem occurs with the disk version of CS6, not just the Cloud version, and with Windows, not just with Mac. I can't always deactivate (sometime the option is greyed out). Along with receiving the error, I keep having the CS6 trial window come up telilling me I have 28 days or something left of my trial, even though I have purchased and activated my CS6 copy. I am using a new computer and do not have any previous version of CS installed. The only product for which I have two versions is Media Encoder; I seem to have 5.5 and 6 of that, which may be because I installed Captivate 5.5.

I have called Technical Support a few times because of the Trial Version window coming up. They keep telling me to install CS6 as an administrator or to create a new user account. That is no fix. Soon I'll have a string of user accounts and a bunch of case numbers that Adobe closes because the problem goes away for a week or two before coming back.

People who are posting that their problem is solved, please check in again after a month or two. I thought the problem was solved until it came back. I know that it seems to occur when my computer goes down (usually I keep it on)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this problem. Today I called Adobe technical support. Their latest "fix" was to take over my computer and "update" all the CS6 software. They then assured me the problem was fixed and they closed the case. Well, I tried to read a pdf file and Acrobat Pro X came up as a trial version and the other products wouldn't open either, so we're back to square 1.

I have just called Adobe again. They tried to tell me that everything will be fixed if I turn off my anti-virus software and then enter my serial number when the trial window comes up. That same technician told me that he has solved everyone's issue with the same problem by having them re-install CS6. Been there, done that--it doesn't work. I finally convinced him to get my case escalated to the next level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lorraine, since your problem is not with Creative Cloud, it doesn't match this thread.  Please use the other thread as mentioned in post 28:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1024174

There is some good info from Todd Kopriva already there at the bottom of that thread.

Thanks,

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem today. This is a MAJOR bug/problem.  I couldn't open any of my projects up.  I had to create a new project before premeire would open and then it said my trial was almost over. Had to activate again, and then restart Premiere.  I don't know what I would have done had my internet been down or I was somewhere without internet.  I hope Adobe puts this on the priority list.  Contact me if you need any log files from me to help.  I am using the creative cloud program.  I can't afford for this to happen on a day when I have to get a project out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2012 Nov 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now what is the simple, understandable and applicable solution to this problem for fresh man prp6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zac, how do I attach the plogin log here?

Thanks man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't.  This is a user forum.  It's better to send crash logs in a PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem - almost all my sequence presets other than DV were gone, no old projects would open.  It was a Creative Cloud activation issue - probably caused by my last crash and subsequent update.

I quit Premiere, restarted - it told me my trial was over, so I clicked license this software, and it  phoned home with my Adobe ID.  All is back to normal.

I was having a similar problem intermittently with the last build (am on 6.0.1 - 014).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I got a new computer and now can't open my saved projects! I'm running mac os 10.7.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alex, that was my exact experience (sign in fixed it).  Then I hit a bigger problem with my video overlays not working in source or timeline viewers, so for today it's back to Final Cut to finish my work.  Tomorrow will try CS 6 again, probably complete reinstallation.

It was working beautifully for 3 weeks prior to this last update and my Creative Cloud membership.  It does seem that Premiere can't remember that it was authorized and therefore refuses to open the projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cswalsh wrote:

Alex, that was my exact experience (sign in fixed it).  Then I hit a bigger problem with my video overlays not working in source or timeline viewers, so for today it's back to Final Cut to finish my work.  Tomorrow will try CS 6 again, probably complete reinstallation.

It was working beautifully for 3 weeks prior to this last update and my Creative Cloud membership.  It does seem that Premiere can't remember that it was authorized and therefore refuses to open the projects.

Yeah I reckon the not remembering it's registered is a very significant thing somehow...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error message running on mac os 10.7.4. The Plugin Loading.log doesnt seem to be any help--all my VSTs are marked in premiere to be ignored so they aren't even being loaded. But what do I know...i'll post it anyway: http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/27963071/file.html   ...hope this helps

I'm  new to premiere and I'm not sure how the information is stored, but is there a way I can access the media files as they appear in Premiere's browser/bins (ie. clips have  same names, descriptions, and in/out points) without actually opening the saved project? In other words, since at the moment I can create new projects, but not open existing ones, could I transfer everything to a new project...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines