Skip navigation
blast3001
Currently Being Moderated

Audio Issue in Win 7

Jun 18, 2012 11:24 AM

Tags: #audio #left #osprey #pan #mono

I have been using FMLE 3.2 in XP with no issues for a few years now.  Just bought two new machines running Win 7 and there is an audio issue I can't seem to get around.

In XP I have the audio set to mono since the two channels of audio coming in via embedded SDI are discreet.  The mono setting takes the two discreet channels and mixes them so that the end user isn't hearing one thing in one speaker and another thing in the other speaker.

When I choose the mono setting in Win 7 the aduio is panned hard left so the end user only hears the left channel.

win_7_panned_left.png

The option to slide it to the middle is greyed out so I have no way of adjuting the pan.  I called tech support of the company who makes the capture card and they told me that Vista and 7 handle audio differently then XP did.  Capture card is a Viewcast Osprey 700eHD.

For reference here is a grab of the setting in XP (from Adobe FMLE 3.2)

win_xp_audio.png

Here the audio is in the middle and I can slide it left or right if I want to.

I have even tried changing the pan settings in the OS but nothing works.  Is this an issue with Adobe or with Win 7?

Thanks for the help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 19, 2012 2:57 PM   in reply to blast3001

Ah, this is frustrating! I just noticed it does the same thing for me. Any fixes?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 19, 2012 3:14 PM   in reply to blast3001

It looks like the best bet is to use: Virtual Audio Cable (VAC).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points