Skip navigation
kay50000
Currently Being Moderated

apps worked as trials, now nothing is stable since converting to subscription, and previous download

Jun 16, 2012 1:59 PM

apps worked as trials, now nothing is stable since converting to subscription, as Adobe instructed me to, since they could not fulfill my order in a timely fashion! and previous downloads now failed to work and new downloads fail to download.

I can only use less than 50% of the software I subscribed to, yet my trial apps worked on my two machines.

Muse has never worked, it was offered to me as a free service, but I have never gotten it to work, typekit just hung for 3 hours the last time I attempted to use it. Illustrator crashes cotinually, causing me problems with the files I created in my trial version that adobe told me to use. I can't tell if I am being charged for Muse since I tried to open it and it never opened.

I am using Photoshop with 5.5 gigs of ram assigned, and AE opens and works. I have a Mac Pro with 13 GB ram and 5 TB drive space.

If photoshop and AE are able to run, I do not understand why the problems are continuing. I have ditched the illustrator preferences and restarted several times to no avail. This must be an issue with adobe's subscriptions.

The biggst problem is illustratorCS6. It will not stay open, and it will not allow me to download a fresh copy.

I need these programs to work. Come on, Adobe, deliver what you promised!

I work with two educational programs and I try things out to see if we can use them. We can't buy subscriptions for the kids if it is going to fail continually. Also, the updates that forcibly download and then refuse to be available! If a download will not be availbale to me, don't waste my drive space to put it there! And, download on startup or shutdown, stop interfering with my ability ( or lack thereof) to be able to do work.

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2012 2:39 PM   in reply to kay50000

I would like to help resolve your problems but need to understand a few more details:

1. I am not sure what you mean my "they could not fulfill my order in a timely fashion" since you have already subscribed. Do you mean wanting a team/group subscription and that not yet being available?
    2. Are you seeing any type of error dialog when Muse fails to open? Please clarify and perhaps take a screen shot of what you are seing.
    3. Where are you in the Typekit service when it is hanging? Again a screen shot and more detail would be helpful.
    4. To uninstall Illustrator go to Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installers. There will be a link for "Uninstall Adobe Illustrator CS6".
    5. Have you installed any previous versions of Adobe software on your Mac Pro computer such as Illustrator CS5 for example?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 1:34 PM   in reply to kay50000

Thanks for the additional information. I see that you have four operating systems you run on your Mac Pro. You have activated the Creative Cloud subscription on Mac OS X 10.6.8. Some more questions:

1. Are you using the second activation on just one of the other operating systems, or are you deactivating and activating as needed?
    2. What other Adobe software is installed on the Mac OS X 10.6.8 partition?
    3. Is it possible to create a clean partition and just install the Creative Cloud on it?

I do not know about the process of getting a disk to install the software from. I will find out about that option and how it works.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 5:32 PM   in reply to kay50000

Hi Kathleen,

Sorry to hear you've had such a frustrating history of getting products working correctly.  There really is not significant differences between the products running in a trial state versus being licensed under the Creative Cloud Membership. Because you are experiencing so many different issues I think it might make sense to try to focus on them one at a time. It sounded like the Illustrator issue was the most critical one at the moment so lets start with that one.

A couple more clarification questions:

- Is the Illustrator CS6 installation that is not working the one which was installed via the Master Collection CS6 trial?

- Is the Illustrator CS6 having the difficulty running under 10.6.8?

- Did you get an errors when installing the Master Collection CS6 trial?

- Do you get any error messages when Illustrator CS6 stops working?

- I know you've had difficulties getting issued resolved with support in the past but have you tried working with them on this issue already?

- Do you use CS5 products on the same OS as the Illustrator CS6 giving you difficulties?

- What troubleshooting steps have you already tried for the Illustrator CS6 issue?

Please follow up when you get the chance and we'll continue to work with you on it.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 2:48 PM   in reply to kay50000

Thanks for the additional details Kay.

Other than reinstalling and recreating the Illustrator preferences it would definitely be worth testing to see if the same behavior occurs when working in a new user account. As well as testing in Safe Boot, hold down the Shift key and boot the Mac.

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH6651

• Does this behavior with Illustrator seems to happen in relation to any particular process or after a certain amount of time?How many times does it happen per day or per hour?
    • Is the issue happening on one Mac but not another in the same environment?
    • Are the Macs on a network, are the files you work with stored on the computer or some kind of network share?
    • Do you use TimeMachine on the mac having the difficulties with?

It definitely seems odd that you would have so many issues related to Internet connectivity. I have a similar speed connection myself and am able to download and install without issue (also a mac running 10.6.8)

What up and download speeds do you get here? I saw you said you have 14.4 down

http://www.speedtest.net/

Maybe post the link of your results

There is a known issue with products needing to be re-licensed when using both CS5 and CS6 products

Creative Cloud products revert to trial mode with incorrect number of days remaining| CCM, CS6

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html

Follow-up when you have the chance,

-Dave

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points