Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Repeating offers to install additional content in Premiere Elements 10

Jun 3, 2012 8:45 AM

Tags: #problem #windows_7 #premiere_elements_10 #elements_10

After installing Premiere Elements 10 "successfully", everything appears to be all right the first day. All the additional content shows up in the menus, just as it should. But the next day, when I enter Premiere Elements, I'm greeted with a message stating that the additional content is NOT installed, and would I like to install it? (See image below.)

I have installed and reinstalled Premiere Elements 10 at least 5 times, first from a downloaded version, and then from the multi-disc DVD version, which I purchased. I keep getting the same message.

Although there are only the most basic installation instructions printed with the DVDs, I have followed the directions for installation as stated on the Web. The Windows control panel for Programs indicates all the Adobe Premiere Elements 10 additional content is installed. If you click "Yes" in response to the Install Full Content warning, the system proceeds to UNINSTALL the additional content, since it is already installed.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit, Intel core i7 CPU, 12 Gb RAM, and gobs of storage capacity. No other programs are malfunctioning. I am not a computer novice and have used various versions of Premiere Elements from version 3 on for the past 10 years. I also have Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 and Adobe Lightroom 4.1 on my system. I'm wondering if there is some conflict with another program, perhaps something totally unrelated to Premiere Elements10. Perhaps something is triggering PE10 that causes it to lose the fact that the additional content has, in fact, been installed. Could a registry cleaner, such as CCleaner, TuneUp Utilities 2012, or some other utility be clearing some essential setting?  By the way, although it shows as being installed in the Control Panel, none of the additional content is available within the program after the second day of use, even though it was there the day before. This type of error is a new one for me, and frankly, I'm stumped.

Prem_El_10_problem.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 3, 2012 2:36 PM   in reply to Russ Havens

Right-click the Additional Content installer and select "Run As Administrator". Does that work?

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2012 8:01 AM   in reply to Russ Havens

I contact Adobe,

They are aware of this problem. It is recognize as a bug. They are working on it and it will be corrected in a future … release

Best regards

Alain Cartiaux

Portable : +32 495 41 73 45

Fixe : +32 81 73 27 15

De : Russ Havens forums@adobe.com

Envoyé : mardi 5 juin 2012 15:21

À : Complement HD

Objet : Re: Repeating offers to install additional content in Premiere Elements 10 Repeating offers to install additional content in Premiere Elements 10

Re: Repeating offers to install additional content in Premiere Elements 10

created by Russ Havens <http://forums.adobe.com/people/Russ+Havens>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/4466424#4466424

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to Russ Havens

Hi,

Sorry but it is the only answer I received from Adobe after sales service. Engineers are working on this bug.

Best regards

Alain Cartiaux

De : Russ Havens forums@adobe.com

Envoyé : mardi 5 juin 2012 18:14

Objet : Re: Repeating offers to install additional content in Premiere Elements 10 Repeating offers to install additional content in Premiere Elements 10

created by Russ Havens <http://forums.adobe.com/people/Russ+Havens>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/4467034#4467034

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2012 3:05 PM   in reply to Russ Havens

Have you got any sort of utility software running automatically that might be affecting windows registry entries?

Cheers,
    --
    Neale

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2012 3:52 AM   in reply to nealeh

Hi,

I use TuneUp Utilities 2012 and Norton 360.

Best regards

Alain Cartiaux

De : nealeh forums@adobe.com

Envoyé : mercredi 6 juin 2012 00:06

created by nealeh <http://forums.adobe.com/people/nealeh>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/4468273#4468273

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2012 10:06 AM   in reply to Complement HD

Complement HD wrote:

Norton 360.

Try temporarily disabling Norton. It, and McAfee, are frequently identified as the cause of problems with Premiere Elements.

Cheers,

--

Neale

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2012 11:28 AM   in reply to Russ Havens

See if PRE runs with Norton disabled. The suspicion is that because PRE is usually working with, and creating, large files they get locked by aggressive anti-virus scanning triggering a failure.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 3:24 AM   in reply to Russ Havens

I have nothing further to suggest. It may be prudent for you to contact Adobe direct or try posting in the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum. Make sure they know you've already tried the PRE forum - otherwise they may move your question back here.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 7:41 AM   in reply to Russ Havens

when you say the content shows upin the menus, which menus are these. I also get the message asking me to install content.I recently purchased APE and tried to download all content but failed.I then downloaded successfully ( i think) he firs file of content .However i have found no information as to what the content actually is so I I don't know what if anything am i missing. I seem tobe able to create titles.Are these part of content?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 8:52 AM   in reply to Russ Havens

Thanks Russ

Which specific items do I click in the Edit and Disc menus. At present in Edit all are grey scaled except the top one Undo and the bottom three. Similarly under Disc the only ones in black are Generate and set menu markers.

Sorry I realise you mean the menus on the right.

If i press the Disc men on the right hand side i get two examples shown main menu and Scene Menu. Should there be more?

If i press Edit I get about thirty effects, and about 50 transitions and a similar number of titles. So I probaby have all the content . Do you think that is correct?

If so my only residual issue is that I am always asked if I want to download the content when I load a new project ,, but i can live with that

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 8:08 AM   in reply to Russ Havens

Check <DriveLetter>:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 10\DVD Templates\Common.

What's in there?

Cheers,
    --
    Neale

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 5:24 PM   in reply to Russ Havens

My gut feel is to go with one of your comments in your original post - that something else running is trashing the registry changes.  And, if Adobe are telling you it's a known bug, then it is unlikely to be fixed in the near future.

Russ Havens wrote:

I am not a computer novice

You could use one of the readily available registry monitors, or do a registry 'diff'  before/after installation and see what registry entries are created. Put the changes into a .reg file and merge it each time PRE loses it.

In my registry I searched for 'DVD templates'. Here is an example of what it found:

1.png

Cheers,
    --
    Neale

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2012 7:41 AM   in reply to Russ Havens

Great news, and great detective work.Thank you for reporting. This gives everyone something else to look for, when things go wonky.

While I steadfastly refuse to allow anything to autorun, over the years, I have noticed some similar behavior with Norton Utilities, where it always wanted to remove the Registry entries for a few Photoshop and AI files, like EPS, PSB, etc.. Being run manually, I just told it to forget about doing that, but it always wanted to do so.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points