Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to Export from LR4

May 13, 2012 3:54 PM

Tags: #lion #mac #export #lightroom4

Lion 10.7.4 MacPro  -  I cannot export from Lightroom 4 in my main Admin account. Lightroom gives me an error message - Spent much time with Adobe and it was suggested that it was an Apple issue. Apple tech doesn't think so. Can anyone help?

Unable to Export.jpg

Thanks,

JT

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2012 7:16 PM   in reply to aelightsong

Does this always happen, regardless of which export service (what you are exporting to) or how you initiate the export...?

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 7:32 PM   in reply to aelightsong

Do you have any 3rd Party Plugins active? Try deactiving all of them via Plugin Manager to rule them out. Run Export just to disk.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 8:23 PM   in reply to aelightsong

Check if the plugins that are loaded are the same on both versions.. and perhaps try copying across the cloned preference file?

it's in your user folder/Library/Preferences as com.adobe.Lightroom4.plist

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 8:36 PM   in reply to aelightsong

From the clone drive to the orignal drive.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to aelightsong

Well if the stuff is working on one account and not the other, then you'd have to imagine something is up. As for who's fault it is I've no idea.. You can test by creating a new account, creating a catalog there and trying an export from that.

That won't solve your problem, but it will pin it to something with the User account.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 1:45 PM   in reply to aelightsong

I wonder if there's a permissions issue? Try repairing permissions on the catalog drive with Disk Utility from Applications/Utilities.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 6:57 AM   in reply to aelightsong

Not sure if this will help your situation, but I just had the same problem and tracked it to a weird issue with Lr not giving me ownership or write permission on this folder or its contents:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/

Once I changed the owner to me and gave myself read/write access this this folder and its contents, I was able to export.

The backstory as to (I think) why this happened is in my post in this thread.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points