Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloaded Flash Player and I hear the radio

Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Downloaded Flash Player 11 and I hear radio commercials.  I uninstalled it and the commercials went away.  I reinstalled and they commercials came back.  I have downloaded this from several different sites and I get the same commercials.  How do I get rid of the commercials?  I wan to us flash player because frankly I am tired of the pop up coming every time I click on a video.  Any help getting rid of the Commercials would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4509647#4509647

I think I fixed the issue...see thread for answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system, version & edition?

What is your web browser?

Download Flash Player only from the Adobe.com website, not from 3rd-party download sites.

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 7 and I have both Internet Explorer and Firefox.  It happens on both.  I have tried on third party, but this last time I downloaded it from adobe and it still happened

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please explain what exactly you are doing when you hear these commercials?

Does it happen when you run the installer?

Does it happen when you use any browser?  If so, what is the URL where this is occurring?

Does it happen when you do nothing?

Is it possible that your system is infected with malware?  (I am asking because I have never heard of such a thing happening.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been on youtube and break.com to watch a video a friend sent.  I heard something about "mania tv".Sometimes they are local commercials to my area for a local car dealership, there were t mobile commercials as well.  When I have uninstalled flash player there were no more commercials.  When I reinstalled the commercials came back.  When I closed all the browsers the commercials were still on.  I ra a virus scan with McAfee Total protection and there were no virus'.  I was looking on McAfee just now and it says protects against virus and spayware but I didn't see anything about Malware.  What is that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Malware is a general term for any bad stuff; viruses, troyans, spyware, etc.

Sorry, I have no idea about your radio issues - I have never heard of such a thing.  So this is happening even if nothing is running on your computer?  Can you check with the Task Manager (Processes tab) if you can see anything that could be doing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue except I don't have any program running while the commercials are still heard. I would also like to know how to get rid of them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to see that others are having the same problems! I just posted this issue in this forum, and hope someone has a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4509647#4509647

I think I fixed the issue...see thread for answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines