Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

no shuffle answers after use the retake button

Jun 18, 2012 3:25 AM

Tags: #captivate

If I run my project in captivate 5 (using F12 button) and I fail my quiz, the result slide with the retake button appears. By using this button, exactly the same Questions are generated.

( i.e. 3 Random Question Slides linked to a Pool contains 7 Questions, allowed are three attemps). Adobe is not generating new question by using retake button.

Is there any possibility that adobe captivate 5 is generating three new random questions out of the excisting pool by pushing the retake button?

thanks for your support

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2012 4:07 AM   in reply to Petzlberg

Captivate does not give you different quiz questions from the question pool when you hit Retake Quiz, only if you relaunch the lesson will you get other questions from the pool.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 7:48 AM   in reply to Petzlberg

That wouldn't work either. Captivate will cumulatively count all possible questions, so if you have three quizzes with, say, 3 questions each, Captivate will know you have 9 total questions...

If you only present three of those questions, you'll never get better than 33% correct.

If you need more powerful quizzing capabilities, Captivate may not be the best choice. Otherwise, you can tell users to close the lesson and relaunch it to retake the quiz (don't provide the 'retake' button), which should give them a new set of questions...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 12:16 AM   in reply to Petzlberg

I had the same issue with Retake button and question shuffling in Captivate 5.5. I came up with a solution that works in our LMS, you can try similar settings.

• Select "Never Send Resume Data" checkbox under Reporting settings.
    • Create custom feedback slide at the end of the quiz. Use Advanced actions to check if the user passed the quiz. If failed, I show a custom "Retake Quiz" button. All it does is it executes Javascript to reload the browser window (window.top.location.reload()).
    • Browser window is refreshed. Since LMS did not have resume data, it will launch the quiz from the beginning with a new set of questions.

I hope that helps!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 4:12 AM   in reply to Petzlberg

Hi stefaN,

Here’s the sreenshot. Execute Adncenced action on entering quiz results slide.

First part checks if the user passed the quiz (cpQuizInfoPassFail = 1). Depending on the result one of text messages is shown and Retake button is shown/hidden.

ADB1.jpg

ADB2.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points