Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Transferring Abobe CS5 from old iMac to a new one

Jun 19, 2012 8:22 AM

Tags: #cs5 #imac

I'll be getting a new computer later this year. How easy is it to transfer Adobe CS5 from my old iMac to my new one? Thanks for any help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2012 8:25 AM   in reply to kyboone21

You can't simply transfer software by copying.

First, deactivate the software on the old computer. Then install the software from your original media on the new computer.

- Dov

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 9:41 AM   in reply to Dov Isaacs

Dov is correct.

Also, don't try to use the Migration Assistant. It won't work for a Creative Suite installation.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 8:20 AM   in reply to kyboone21

I am very confused. How do I upgrade from my old mac to my new imac -- as the new imac doesn't have a DVD drive? I have my original installation discs but can't use them. Can I download installers to use with my serial number and do it that way?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 8:55 AM   in reply to vco_se11

Let me try to simplify things for you.

You can install CS5 on you new MAC. For that, as Dov said, deactivate CS5 from your old machine and then install it using the dvd installer or downloaded installer on the 2nd machine.

If you donot have a dvd drive on the new MAC, you can use your old MAC and copy the disc to its desktop and bring it over to new MAC using usb drive.

Alternatively, you can download CS5 directly on you new MAC using the below website but make sure to read the "Very Important Instructions", mentioned on that website, very carefully before downloading it.

http://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points