Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Elem 9 vs Touch

Jun 18, 2012 7:34 PM

I recently had to give up my work laptop with Photoshop Elements 9 for my Nikon D90 with 2000 pic's  in my Photoshop Cloud ----and had to go to a Toshiba tablet with a usb port. I bought Photoshop Touch with hopes of something simuliar. First blush says I dreaming. Any thoughts or comments?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2012 9:21 AM   in reply to jaybird1956

jaybird1956 wrote:

I recently had to give up my work laptop with Photoshop Elements 9 for my Nikon D90 with 2000 pic's  in my Photoshop Cloud ----and had to go to a Toshiba tablet with a usb port. I bought Photoshop Touch with hopes of something simuliar. First blush says I dreaming. Any thoughts or comments?

How do I say this without making you cry?   xD

As both a PS Elements 9 and PS Touch user myself, I knew offhand that PS Touch wouldn't be anything near PS Elements feature-wise. PS Touch was tailored for tablets and is (at least right now) an extension of the Photoshop family. That's not Adobe's fault. Hardware is the common denominator here and tablets just aren't desktops so you have to design the software around such limitations (the main bottleneck in most cases is memory; most high-end tablets top out at about 1 GB of memory).

That doesn't exactly mean PS Touch stinks; I've yet to see anything as featured in a mobile format when inspiration strikes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points