I have a windows video file that works fine when I run it.
I used the Adobe Media Encoder CS5.5 to try to convert it into flv format.
It attempts to load the file, but gives up, saying that the file has a bad header.
After that, the file HAS a bad header, and no longer works.
Luckily I had back up copies so I was able to replace the 12 +megabyte file.
I can reproduce the problem every time, using my back up copies.
The file is on line at http://www.slaithwaitemoonraking.org/images/movies/MoonRaking2.wmv
Other files encode to .flv with no problem, so it must be a problem this file alone.
Regardless of a file error, Media Encoder should not make changes to a file just by accessing it.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Can also confirm this on Windows7, although it doesn't happen when I import in into AME CS6 on the Mac. One clue might be the non-western characters that show up in the Inspector when I open it in Quicktime X, see attached screenshot.
I'll log a bug about AME altering the header of this file on Windows, we shouldn't be doing that...
Engineering is looking into this and had some questions about your file:
If you have any of this info please email me or just post answers here
I don't know what encoder was used to create the file as it is quite an old one.
The version of the Adobe Media encoder that I was using which caused the problem is 126.96.36.199(64bit)
The language would be English English as opposed to USA English
I don't have another file other than the one that I had a problem with. You can download a copy of this file at the following address:
Anything else I an help with please ask.