Skip navigation
slavicmissions
Currently Being Moderated

How to use Cyrillic Fonts in Acrobat X with Mac

Jun 19, 2012 1:15 PM

Tags: #pdf #acrobat_x #conversion_problem

Hello,

I have an English version of Acrobat Pro X. Using it on my Mac OS 10.6 system. I am needing to edit some PDF's that are in the Russian language (Cyrillic font). When I try to edit the Russian text, my Adobe tells me that it does not recognize the fonts and that I cannot do anything with it unless I have the Cyrillic Fonts in the program. There is Russian text that I am trying to delete and would like to add new text in its place. I have no problem with the typewriter, writing in Russian for me. I just cannot delete the original Russian text. Any thought on how to do that?  Can anyone tell me how to load the Cyrillic Font so I can use it to edit my Russian PDF documents? I am fully updated with my Acrobat as well. Again, any help would be great!

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2012 8:08 PM   in reply to slavicmissions

This has nothing to do with the fonts being Cyrillic. If you don't have the the exact font you cannot edit the text. You can try to change the text to a font you do have, then it can be edited. BUT, remember even though adobe has given us the ability to edit a PDF, the results can be horrible. It is better to go back to the original flies used to create the PDF.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points