• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing sequence presets or codec

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open saved projects! Instead, when I open a saved Premiere Pro project I get the error message: "This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type."

I am running Premiere CS6 on a MacBook Pro 10.7.4. I am not subscribed to creative cloud. I do not have any previous versions of Premiere installed (ie. CS5, CS5.5).

This message seems to be a pretty common problem among CS6 users. Here is a recent thread for creative cloud users experiencing this error message: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4496308 Like others, I am unable to open old projects, but I can still start new projects. However, when creating a new project, my  sequence settings seem to be missing  presets:Pr+sequence+presets.jpg

any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

If you're having problems with sequence presets and codecs missing from Premiere Pro, see this document for solutions for this activation issue:

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/features-presets-missing-premiere-pro.html

This document relates to the following problems:

- missing sequence presets when creating a new sequence

- Encore error: "Encore will not launch in non-royalty bearing mode. The application needs to be serialized with a royalty bearing serial number."

- When opening a project

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivate, uninstall, run Clean Script several times, rebooting between runs, install, activate and update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled Windows and installed PrePro CS6 again and it was still missing presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run Clean Script several times?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try pressing and hold the shift key while launching Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srukweza wrote:

Did you try pressing and hold the shift key while launching Premiere Pro?

No. I'll give that a whirl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harm Millaard wrote:

Did you run Clean Script several times?

No, because it was a clean install on a clean OS. there were no remnants of anything Adobe on the install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the physical install disks, or did you use a download version? In the latter case, I would try a new download. Maybe the download you have is corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the application still activated?  If you start a new project, then go to the Help menu, do you see a Deactivate menu item?  Or does the menu item allow to activate the application again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the New Sequence dialog, if you go to the "Settings" tab is "Custom" an available choice at the top of the list of editing modes?  If yes, what choices are available in the "Preview File Format" popup?  I suspect that I-Frame Only MPEG is absent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't much under custom. I didn't see I-Frame Only MPEG, but what I did notice right away was the absence of all the AVCHD presets, which is what I had previously used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this and spent ages trying to sort it out.  What solved it was going into Adobe Encore where it suddenly popped up demanding a serial number.  I hae already done this when I installed my software (in may case the master collection) and had previously used Encore.  I was getting no other information telling me there was a problem with activation etc..  However I entered my serial number again, got into Encore, and when I went back to Premiere I had all the presets.  I fiddle a lot with my computers so I just assumed I had done something which messed it up in some way.  Try opening Encore and see what happens.  Unfortunately this is no help if you are running the trial version since you won't be able to open Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an international show that needs to ship out in a couple of days.  Worked till 1.30am then arose to find this not so pleaseant surprise that Premier couldn't see / understand my RED .R3D sequence all of a sudden.  Spent the entire day on this.  I uninstalled, used cleaner & re-installed countless times.  Finally uninstalled everything via Adobe cleaner, went through and deleted other adobe folders that I found.  I downloaded & Installed a fresh stand alone version of Premier 6 & all of the normal slew of sequences settings were back.  Then I went & seperately installed AE, Photoshop & Audition from the Master Suite.  Did Not install Encore or anything else & I'm now back up & running with some new grey hair... Frustrating.  I hope this infor perhaps helps someone in the same bind... Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, I had a problem importing AC3 audio that held me back from working on my already late project, and now I have this exact same problem out of the blue!

I cannot access animations I have saved in a project.  I need to copy the animations into a project that is thankfully operational, but the dreaded error message appears whenI try to open it.  Several other project files I have saved will not open either.

My sequence presets list is bare, exactly like the OP's screenshot.  But, I can see the full compliment of sequence presets is still at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\Settings\SequencePresets.  For some reason, only DV and Mobile&Devices presets show in Premiere.

I have uninstalled the CS6 suite, ran the Adobe cleaner, reinstalled and updated.  No effect, whatsoever.  The sequence presets are still in the folder, but cannot be recognized.

I do not have Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this soul destroying message. I am running OS 10.6.8, no creative cloud and using CS6.00. I have now had it happen twice on projects all created using ProRes 422 files and had a reasonably complicated edit. all opens and closes fine and then just randomly wont open. Thought it would go away but hasn't. Has Adobe come up with a bug fix for this as its a pretty monumentally tragic fault. I have switched over form FCP and was stoked with CS6 until this. Luckily I had virtually finished both projects and could get around it with the draft mastered ProRes file.

I see no reply to Fluxcrou's last response so i wont get my hopes up.

My confidence in Adobe is at a low.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The underlying problem here is with the activation and licensing system. Several codecs and the sequence presets that they rely on must be unlocked by the activation and licensing system. The problem is that sometimes the activation gets messed up in some way, and these codecs aren't unlocked.

For most people on this thread, the issue should be fixed by a new version of the activation system that was release in late June.

Try this to get your activation back into the right state:

1) Fully deactivate your software (Help > Deactivate).

2) Quite all Adobe applications.

3) Restart your computer.

4) Restart the application.

5) Choose Help > Activate to re-activate the software.

6) Create a new project.

7) Create a new sequence.

The above should restore all of your codecs and the sequence presets that depend on them, and you should be able to work normally with all of your codecs.

If not, write back, and we'll see if we can figure out what's up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the 6.0.1 Update for all of the CS6 applications and I stil get this problem. When opening Encore I get an error that says:

Adobe Encore CS6 cannot run in a non-royalty serialized mode. The application needs to be serialized with a royalty bearing serial number.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still get the same issue. We are government so I am not cnnected to the internet because of regulations. The deactivate option in Premiere Pro CS6 is greyed out and unavailable as well.

We purchased a volume license for 2 edit stations and both have this problem. We are on Windows 7 SP1 x64.

Sorry just wanted to give as much info as possible to help resolve this. I literally can't do any work until this is resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, you must be connected to the internet for registration/activation to complete

Since this is a user to user forum, not Adobe support, I think you are going to have to contact Adobe on this one... unless someone comes along with information on how to make Encore work without internet to complete registration/activation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an offline activation option. You don't need to be connected to the Internet. There is more information about offline activation here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html

For issues with activation, this forum is very useful:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're having problems with sequence presets and codecs missing from Premiere Pro, see this document for solutions for this activation issue:

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/features-presets-missing-premiere-pro.html

This document relates to the following problems:

- missing sequence presets when creating a new sequence

- Encore error: "Encore will not launch in non-royalty bearing mode. The application needs to be serialized with a royalty bearing serial number."

- When opening a project in Premiere Pro: "Error Adobe Premiere Pro: This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type."

- When importing footage, the footage is missing audio or video.

These failures are all because Premiere Pro and Encore use some codecs that require activation before they can be used. If activation of these codecs has failed, these codecs will not be available to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd,

Thank you for recognizing that the problem is with the activation and licensing system. I have called Adobe technical support many times about this issue--the latest being twice today--and it is still not resolved.

I have a new Windows 7 computer on which I installed the disk version of CS6 and the disk version of Captivate 5.5. I mention this because I had Media Encoder 5.5 and 6 (5.5 I think may have installed with the Captivate), but otherwise I have no older CS products on this computer.

If I enter my serial number when the trial window comes up (which it shouldn't), I  can open my projects, but this is just a temporary fix until I close the program and the problem shows up again.

For my first call to Adobe today, the technician took over my computer and tried to update to version 6.0.1 (which was running anyway). It took about 3 attempts from her. She told me that my problem was solved and closed the case. Ten minutes later I tried to open a pdf file and saw the trial window again.

For my second call to Adobe, the technician assured me he had solved this problem 6 times by having customers reinstall CS6. He then told that there was an internal document which had the solution to the problem. He tried to tell me that my problem might be caused by incorrect information in my Adobe ID, such as birth date (my information is correct and has not changed). He told me that my problem would be fixed if I turned off my anti-virus software and then entered my serial number in the trial window. He also kept telling me not to trust forums and I kept telling him that the forums served as a way for Adobe to recognize that there is a problem.

I have reopened my case and requested an escalation to second level.

Update: I haven't heard anything further from Adobe. In the meantime I uninstalled Captivate 5.5 and tried to remove Media Encoder 5.5, I also used the Adobe Cleanup tool. Then I reinstalled Captivate 5.5 but declined to install Media Encoder 5.5 with it (I have Media Encoder 6 with CS6). I also uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere Pro and updated it. So far far I haven't encountered the dreaded Trial Version window again so I'm holding thumbs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what if you can't go "online" to activate? My system has this issuebut it is a standalone machine that is not allowed to hook to any network. I had to do a phone activation when I did my initial install but apparently that doesn't unlock all of the codecs I need because there are only a minimal number available when opening a new project. One critical one is for my Canon MXF files that can longer be opened for editing.

Any solution would be greatly appreciated by one of your "unplugged" customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All in all, it sucks that this problem still exists.

After trying the free trials of Adobe CC 2014 for a month, I purchased the Creative Cloud subscription today.

Then problems began. Adobe Premiere did not open the projects I worked on. It missed the proper sequence settings.

Reinstalled several times, used the cleaner tool....

Adobe, how happy I was to purchase this CC. How I curse now everytime Adobe Premiere opens after a reinstall without the proper sequence settings.

Still trying to reinstall to no avail.. This just sucks.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS ADOBE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem have existed for years and continues to exist right now. I edit lots of HDV sequences and I get this very often like once in a fortnight or weekly at times. I will have to sign out and sign back in at times after signing in all the softwares will appear as trial hence I pay every month in this world. Shame on adobe-software! Some Adobe remote technicians pointed that the activation might be bloced by Antivirus softwares. But that being said I remember that the Creative Cloud will only need to check activation once every 90 days or less I don't know. I think it does check activation on a daily bases or every time you launch it.

Screenshot 2014-10-15 00.29.19.pngScreenshot 2015-01-14 00.17.55.pngScreenshot 2015-01-14 01.38.57.pngScreenshot 2015-01-14 01.54.28.png

VERY ANNOYING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trouble shooting this and I finally found something worked. (for the tl;dr go to Solution: Method 1)

Here are things I tried and observed

I opened up the Project within another project. 

1.  It wouldn't allow me to import the the full project because of the default problem of missing presets, but I could open single sequcences. 

2.  I eventually imported each sequence into the new project. 

3.  Unfortunately, after I closed the project, it wouldn't open again for the same previous problem. 

4.  I repeated step 2 and this time I created custom sequences.  I created a dslr preset - 1920x1080, 23.973, progressive... 

5.  Using that preset I created a copy for all the seuqences. 

6.  I cut and pasted all the clips into the new sequence and deleted the old sequences.

7.  This actually worked, and I can open the projects no problem.

But this is the most efficient and simple solution -

Solution: Method 1

1. Close Premiere Pro.

2. Open the project file in a text editor (e.g. Windows Wordpad) and replace all instances of "I-Frame Only MPEG" with "Microsoft AVI".

3. Relaunch Premiere Pro and test it.

Found Solution here - http://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/premiere/pro/troubleshooter/sequence-could-not-be-opened.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines