Yes there is. However, it's confusing because for some reason it is in the Mac folder. Try going to the Whitlelist/Mac folder, then run Whitelist.sh as follows
It's a Java app, so you need to have jdk or jre installed on the machine.
Senior Content and Community Manager
Adobe Systems Incorporated
No, you need not restart the server after updating the whitelist file.
FMS loads the whitelist file when publishing to an application’s event with packaging and encryption settings enabled begins.
I cannot find the whitelist tool anywhere inside the installation folder
of FMS 4.5.2.r517 (on linux)
and there is no Mac folder as well, all i get inside the tools folder are these items,
and there is no Whitelist application.
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 8029 May 20 10:08 AC_RunActiveContent.js
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 22 13:59 f4fpackager
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 May 20 10:08 f4mconfig
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1162456 May 20 10:08 far
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1665992 May 20 10:08 flvcheck
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2092 May 20 10:08 fms_adminConsole.htm
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1052610 May 20 10:08 fms_adminConsole.swf
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 550648 May 20 10:08 fmscheck
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 May 20 10:08 multicast
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 20 10:08 scramble
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 20 10:08 swfhasher
1. regarding the swf verification, is it 100% that without a whitelist
file swf verification is disabled?
2. is it possible to execute server side code (such as main.asc)
for phds connections? - it would be very beneficial since it would allow
to accept and reject connections via the html/swf domains mechanism
and to do other server side logic..
3. why isnt there any configuration example for phds inside httpd.conf?..
i found the appropriate text inside a post in this forum:
all the documentation is lacking any description excpet discussing general keys
like PHDSCommonKeyFile, but does not mention their structure and proper
your help would be appreciated... -)
1) If the Whitelist Folder is not specified the server looks in the application folder of the live event. If not .whitelist files are available in the whitelist folder and error is thrown in the core logs
2) Yes it is possible. Find more information about server side script here : http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashMediaServer/3.5_SS_ASD/WS5b3ccc516d4f bf351e63e3d11a11aff5ba-7f8b.html
3) You can find configuration example and other details for phds here : http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/devguide/WS47c0525fe44030 7e-685173b213221ed709a-8000.html
Hope this helps.
hi and thanks for the reply,
yet i would appreciate some more clarification
1 a. in the case no whitelist is specified, you mentioned an error is thrown, perhaps this is so, but we still get the stream
and it can be viewed. is this a normal behavior?
1 b.another thing as i mentioned, the whitelist tool is not found anywhere. where to look for it?
it is missing from the fms/tools.
2. you've sent me documentation for server side AS, this does not answer my question,
which is where does the AS code (aka main.asc) should reside when related to an PHDS
on demand (not live).
- we would like to serve vod content from PHDS, and there is no associated application
folder for the phds vod as far as i understand, or would you instruct me otherwise?
for streaming live, there is applications/live
for normal RTMP vod there applications/vod
for PHDS live there is applications/livepkgr, ?
where does the on-demand PHDS application folder
3. I'm perfectly familiar with the location of the PHDS docs -)
what is not clear tough, is how to restart the FMS
- it is located inside /opt/adobe/fms/Apache2.2/
but when trying to restart it via:
apachectl restart - from /opt/adobe/fms/Apache2.2/bin
i get this error message:
/home/Apache2.2.21_x64/bin/httpd: No such file or directory
ps. our system administrator says the apache is mixed up with
the generic apache installed on the machine, and there is no
way to restart it, only by restarting the whole fms!..
and with the same breath, where are the apache logs
in this case as well?
would love some more elaboration
I'm sorry in my previous reply I assumed you were working with live streams. Let me clarify.
1a. In case of PHDS on-demand, if no whitelist files are present, then it is treated as SWF verification is off. No errors are thrown.
2. There is no application associated with PHDS on-demand and hence you cannot use a main.asc. As this is HTTP streaming, all requests go straight to Apache and not FMS. For PHDS Live you use the livepkgr application as live publish happens over HTTP.
If you tell me what is it exactly you're doing in the main.asc I may be able to suggest an alternative.
3. You can use this command :
/opt/adobe/fms/Apache2.2/bin/httpd -f ./conf/httpd.conf -d "/opt/adobe/fms/Apache2.2" -k restart
Apache logs are here : /opt/adobe/fms/Apache2.2/logs
Hope this helps.
Europe, Middle East and Africa