Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display Dialogue Box To Obtain User Value

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I want to display a dialogue box for the user to enter a value (an integer) and be able to click Cancel or OK. I can't see any way of invoking a dialogue box enabling a user to enter a value, only a message box.

Thanks

Chris

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make your own using a movie clip. Place a text field, and buttons in the clip and then you can target them with code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

It's amazing that every dialogue box which everyone makes has to be made from scratch! A lot of work for such a fundamental function.

My flash movie is embedded in a web page. Can I make this dialogue box 'pop up' over my web page?

Regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since most everything looks different people typically want to make their own anyway... However you can use ExternalInterface and call a JavaScript method on the page to open a JS dialog/alert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good idea,

Can the Javascript dialogue pass back a value?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines