through the rendering process only to crash seconds before it is

finishes.  Gives the error message: "Adobe Premiere Elements.exe has

stopped working..." I have made about 15 attempts.  Restarted my

computer numerous times, and it is failing everytime. This started a

few days ago.  Previously, it worked.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2012 7:05 AM   in reply to davew312z

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

When you started your Premiere Elements project, which settings did you select? If you selected the best settings for your video, you will NOT see a red line above the video when you add it to your timeline. (Although, in older versions, like version 7, AVCHD may also show red lines.)

Selecting the correct project settings is vital to a successful project.

Also having adequate space on your hard drive (at least 20-30 gigs free, clean and defragmented). How much free, clean, defragged space is on your C drive?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 8:07 AM   in reply to davew312z

I would start with this ARTICLE on PrE Crashes & Hangs. It begins with a general checklist of things that will assure PrE can run its best. Next, it goes into tuneup tips for both the computer and the OS. Finally, it offers links for troubleshooting. In that group of links, is Finding Clues, and afer the first two parts have been studied, I would definitly follow that link, and check the Event Viewer, to find clues as to what is happening, when the program crashes, or hangs.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 10:29 PM   in reply to davew312z

I am wondering why you decided not to use the AVCHD HD 1080i 30 project preset. That seems like a better fit than the HDV 1080i 30 preset, which is for MPEG-2 video. But I'm pretty sure that's beside the point.

There is one thing that might help. Before sharing to a file, exit from Premiere Elements, and then start it again and load the project again, but don't play anything back. Just go right to sharing. Version 7 seems to run low on resources rather quickly, and may be in an unstable state by time it gets to the end of rendering your video. By not doing any editing or playing back previews beforehand, some resources may be saved.

It may also be necessary to go back to an earlier version of Quicktime.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 8:39 AM   in reply to davew312z

I wish that I had some suggestions for you, but seldom work in QT output. I Import a lot of QT [Animation CODEC], but just do not do anything going out.

For the system crashes, I agree with your assumption, that it's a resource issue. Now, "resources" encompass several things: Installed RAM, HDD space for both Windows Virtual Memory (Page File) and Scratch Disks for PrE, how the Page File is managed and its size, and the state of tune of the OS and the computer. I would definitely look at the middle portion of that PrE Crashing article, and follow the links, to see if there is something that can free up resources for use by PrE. Simple things, like other programs and processes using CPU cycles, Page File space and RAM.

In the last part of that article, there are links to help find clues and address the causes of the crashes. I would definitely look to Event Viewer to see what is going on, when the system crashes.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 7:42 AM   in reply to davew312z

That is an interesting observation. Apparently, PrE is having trouble with synthetic Video, like that Title. Titles, Black Video, Bars & Tones, etc. are synthetic Video.

Now, I have never encountered any problem with synthetic Video. I use Titles, such as you describe, with logos on them, that run almost the entire Duration of my Timeline. I also use a lot of Titles in most Projects, and have never had an issue with either Rendering, or Export/Share. I also use a lot of Transparent Video (not available in PrE, but only PrPro), also for logos, or for the TimeCode Effect, where the Timeline's TimeCode is displayed over the video.

As a test, I would do a test Project, that mirrors the one, with which you are having the problem. Do not Import any Video, or Still Images. Just go to the New Icon, and choose Black Video. Drag that to the Timeline, and then click+drag on its Tail, to increase the Duration to about what you have in the troublesome Project. Then, recreate that Text Title, and place it on Video Track 2, above the Black Video. Click+drag on it, to increase its Duration, to match that of the Black Video. You now have one long Title, over one long Black Video Clip - both synthetic Video. Can you Render, and then Export/Share that fully synthetic Video Timeline? Please report on this test.

I can not imagine what would be the problem with synthetic Video. Maybe others will have experience with such problems, or have more ideas on how to handle this problem.

Good luck, and wish that I had more.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 8:39 AM   in reply to davew312z

For the Black Video, you do have it, but I think that your tests indicate that the computer is maxing out with two Video Tracks. First, for the Black Video, look in the Project Panel (Edit>Project), and in the upper-right you have the New Icon. It has a drop-down, and will reveal Black Video, Bars & Tone, Color Matte, etc.

Now, if the computer is choking on the two Video Tracks, it is probably time to list your full computer specs., your Project Preset, and any Source Footage info - see this ARTICLE for tips.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 10:11 AM   in reply to davew312z

Dave,

Now I see those in Reply #4. My bad, I kept looking at the initial post, and then the last ones, and missed many Replies in the middle. Sorry about that.

I'll go back to Reply #4, and see if I missed something there, as it has been a while, since I read over the specs.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points