Skip navigation

Unable to save document as (Flash CS5 - BUG - OSX)

Jun 29, 2010 3:15 AM

Latest reply: TeamCS6, Nov 27, 2013 3:18 AM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 11, 2011 2:26 PM   in reply to AttilaB12

Can you please email me your fla to FlashAuthBetaBugs@adobe.com?  Please note that our filter system cannot accept .zip file. If you are  to zip your fla, please change the file extension from .zip to .zzz.

--Sukhbir

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 9, 2011 9:16 PM   in reply to Sukhi12

I ran into this problem myself on OSX but it seems it could be a permissions issue.  Make sure you can write to your save destination.  It worked for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2011 3:57 AM   in reply to Tonyp19732

Win7 64bit, flash 5.5, 11.5.1

Got a jobb from flash 4 age and trying to update there site but i got the same problem. Program frezzes, lose items in th e library and do dont know until its to late. I also notised that size of the fla file decreases then you know it´s the end.

Installing 4 now.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 5:09 AM   in reply to elmonty2

Thanks elmonty2! Your tip saved me! (Save As CS4 shook the bug away somehow)!

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 3:44 AM   in reply to chris_emerson

First time I've seen this issue today.

I had been working the same fla for the past 5 months without issue then today it suddenly comes up with the Save error.

My input textfields for a submission form stopped excepting things like@ # %$£

This was fine before. I checked the embed options and the font was not embedded (TNR font).

After I embedded the font and characters and went to save I got the error.

Turns out the the font embedded in the library had somehow become corrupt????

Anyways deleted the corrupt font and re-embedded now all good.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 8:36 AM   in reply to [djdomain]

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and the CS6, but it also happened while running CS5.5. I have the same issue. I am forced to do a restore from a backup tape in order to get a later version. This has happened too many times to count and with multiple files. I am to the point of doing a copy paste to do a manual backup right in my development folder.

This is unacceptable AND never happened in CS3 or CS4.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 3:06 PM   in reply to christiansen75

I'm having this same problem. I recently upgraded to CS6 from CS4 and now my file keeps giving me the "unable to save" error. It's a pretty long animation file but nothing complex. A few blur filters and classic tweens but mostly keyframe animation. I'm honestly about ready to give up on flash for animation. Over the years it's given me a lot of trouble when used for classic animation purposes.

The project was created on my laptop in CS4 and I'm trying to work on it on a new desktop in CS6 (full disclosure) so I don't know if some output project path is creating this bug (it shouldn't since this file has zero scripting or linkage properties that I assigned)

I'm slowly rebuilding the file as a new file in CS6 so I can figure out what is causing it to flip out but with the buggy nature of flash I'll probably just give up and install CS4 on this new computer so I can try to finish my project.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 9:37 AM   in reply to ExistentialEgg

We are encountering the same issue.  We have muliple stations experiencing this problem.

WIN7 Professional

CS5.5 version 11.5.1.349

We have done a uninstall and reboot then install clean verison and still getting error when saving.

Unable to save document as "z:\path\path\path\path\path\path\file.fla

Please try saving to a differnet filename or to a diffenet location.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2013 3:18 AM   in reply to MITSLLC

Having the same issue, for multiple users across multiple machines. CS6, Win7 Enterprise. The Adobe "Known issues" page is less than helpful on this issue:

"Windows only: You can't save a FLA file in a Network/Desktop folder a second time after receiving an "unable to save" error message. To solve this issue, save the file as a FLA file instead. "

Basically says that if you're having trouble saving as an FLA, then save it as an FLA!

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points