Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can not upload folio

Jun 20, 2012 4:34 AM

Hi.

Is this normal. that i can not upload my folio?

It started yesterday, folio panel says it is uploading... In reality nothing happens.

I upgraded Builder panel. Folio is PDF 1024 x 768.

For testing purposes i tryed to upload again already published articles. Nothing.

Is there still some ongoing maintenance in Adobe cloud?

Ants

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2012 4:48 AM   in reply to AntsTuur

I've downloaded new folio builder, and since then i got one folio that does not want to upload too. well, an article in it, it looks like it uploads but it never ends.

the iPad adobe content viewer also crashed, had to reinstall, guess all this is linked (?)

I've clenaed my folio producer in the cloud, erased the whole folio and uploaded again, but it's still the same for now. My advice: just wait, and check later !

|
    Mark as:
  • Branislav Milic
    177 posts
    Jan 12, 2010
    Jun 20, 2012 5:42 AM   in reply to jbalmain

I have the same problem since the latest update (today).

Now I must submit the app to Apple before this evening and we depend of this bloody philosophy that forces use to use online tools to upload hundreds of megabytes to the Folio Producer to obtain a ZIP.

What usually took one hour to upload now is not yet even finished since three hours ago.

STOP this nightmare of online tools and give us an app to make the iOS and Android apps !

We may not meet client's deadline.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 6:18 AM   in reply to Branislav Milic

Every other article that uploads stops here, at 80%

I need to cancel, then it uploads the next article but the article after the latter will fail also...

What a nightmare...

bmprod01 2012-06-20 at 15.15.29.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 8:46 AM   in reply to BM - Adobe DPS App

While the folio is loading, move it in a different order. for example if the document is the third, try to take him as the second.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 9:07 AM   in reply to parrinello carlo

They have serious stability issues whole day today. i can't publish for example, and i can't upload too.

http://health.acrobat.com/

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 11:01 AM   in reply to Martin Lér

Usually it takes one hour to upload the project, today it has lasted 7 hours.

Now I have clicked Publish and the first two attemps failed. Now it is the third time and it is stuck at 8% over the last 15 minutes.

Why do we pay so expensive services that do not work and that are killing deadlines ?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 11:34 AM   in reply to BM - Adobe DPS App

If tonight I don't get an .IPA (European time), I wrote an official registered letter to Adobe and ask for serious compensations.

I'm fed up of paying scripters to find workaround to DPS bugs or limitations.

I'm fed up, as an Adobe customer who paid a DPS Pro, to spend days for debugging.

I'm fed up of this online service that functions so-so.

I'm fed up of not meeting client's deadlines because the service we have paid does not work for one, two days.

Give us a desktop version of all the tools! And a direct connection to the iPad that works, something as easy as exporting a PDF and dropping it on the iPad.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 12:09 PM   in reply to Martin Lér

Please give this another try. About an hour ago, we made some service-side changes that seem to have improved the issues we had with authentication. We think the issues are resolved, and we will continue to monitor the environments until we get data to back up our expectation.

Thanks again for your patience.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 12:23 PM   in reply to jamesroche

Wonderful, problems continue

bmprod01 2012-06-20 at 21.21.48.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 12:25 PM   in reply to BM - Adobe DPS App

And even more

bmprod01 2012-06-20 at 20.02.59.png

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Jun 20, 2012 2:19 PM   in reply to BM - Adobe DPS App

Can you click Dismiss and publish the folio? If not, I recommend that you delete and re-create the folio. If you can neither publish nor delete the folio, please let us know.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 5:11 PM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Nothing is working here either. Lots of failure messages, and nothing will upload...

I can upload articles individually, it would seem. Only 51 to go... Is there a way around this?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 1:49 AM   in reply to Sara 2

Multiple import. But still not working properly with pdf's. Guys??

I had the same issue. Almost ended by importing 2 x 200 article catalog. Needed to import only 4 more articles. Oeps. First updating foliobuilder panel ... And now nothing works anymore. So need to import everything again. One by one. 1 day work lost...

Good luck,

Bart

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Jun 21, 2012 7:54 AM   in reply to bartleijnen

|
    Mark as:
  • Branislav Milic
    177 posts
    Jan 12, 2010
    Jun 21, 2012 8:05 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Bob, we know that but despite the fact that the Folio is set to PDF and then in the Viewer Builder we check the Enable PDF Zooming feature, all articles imported in btach can't be zoomed on the tablet. Only the articles imported one by one can be zoomed.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Jun 21, 2012 8:10 AM   in reply to Branislav Milic

I'm not aware of this bug. If you specify PDF for Default Image Format when you create the folio, all your imported articles should use PDF as the image format. Is this not happening? (I'll test it later today.)

|
    Mark as:
  • Branislav Milic
    177 posts
    Jan 12, 2010
    Jun 21, 2012 8:46 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Yes that's what I have.

I have the s20 tools.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2012 1:45 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Hi Bob. This is à problem that I discussed already more than a month ago on the forum. Plus I sended this private mail to two employees. Never got a reaction.

Regards,

Bart

Hi guys.

I checked everything very carefully. At this moment I'm sure it is a bug.

This was already for a week on the forum, but there was only an initial reaction. It would be great if you could check this out.

The problem occurs when you're importing an article: horizontal one spread, vertical two pages. The pages consist out of 2 vertical pdf's. Horizontal one page two pdf's. Vertical 2 pages on every page one pdf. I've putted horizontal swipe on and also tried without the swipe off.

THE PROBLEM: a) Horizontal swipe doesn't work when you try to import with multiple articles b) the vertical pages zoom, the horizontal one not.

Can you check this out and aknowledge that you're aware of the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Bart

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points