Skip navigation

Flash Player 11.3.300.257 Keeps Crashing On Mozilla Firefox 13

Jun 12, 2012 2:24 PM

Latest reply: ZackForester, Aug 30, 2012 4:42 PM
Branched to a new discussion.
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2012 11:09 PM   in reply to Jeromie Clark

I just signed up to let you know that I am also having the same problem ie Adobe Flash Player crashing intermittently.

Windows 7 x64

Firefox 13.0.1

Flashplayer 11.3.300.257

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 6:51 AM   in reply to portydert

Yeah....I just read thru all of these posts and I am looking for a solution to this Adobe Flash Player crashing issue.I'm not really 'angry' about it or anything....I just want to know that Adobe is working on a solution and it will be available in "X" days..if you really don't want us to go back to the downgraded version, I would certainly try to get out sooner than later of course.  I'm just looking for information....

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to Katomlin

Same problem here.  Two laptops running Firefox 13 have been having issues with Adobe 9 crashing on a fairly regular basis (once every hour or so) over the past couple of days. 

Message says that "Adobe Flash Player 11.3 r300 has crashed".

Hopefully, the technies at Adobe and Firefox will get it sorted pretty soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 9:03 AM   in reply to SherrieB2

Just a followup - since I've been back on 11.2 my flash has been 100% stable.  There is definitely something up with 11.3

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 10:53 AM   in reply to Katomlin

Thanks for your note.

We're working diligently in collaboration with Mozilla on fixing the remaining stability issues, but cannot comment publicly about a specific future release date.  Please know that we're working hard to get a fix into the community.  We also want to make sure that this fix does not introduce new problems.  This means that we both need to identify and fix the problem, as well as conduct extensive certification testing.  We're  testing candidate builds now, but may need to iterate if we identify any newly-introduced issues during that testing.  Once we have a fix available, we'll definitely be making announcements in the forums.

If you have a set of steps that always results in a crash, please share those with us now.  We have a couple consistently reproducible cases which are fixed, but more examples of consistent crashes will be really helpful in terms of validating our fix, or identifying additional issues that need to be investigated.

Please know that our goal is to always release a high-quality product, and that we spend a great deal of time and energy ensuring that we test across as wide an array of hardware and software configurations as possible while continuing to bring Flash developers a modern generation of capabilities for creating beautiful, engaging and compelling experiences in your favorite browser.  We apologize for any inconvenience, and are working hard to bring you a stable, secure and enjoyable experience.

While we conduct extensive testing on every new release (there were 2 private and 3 public beta releases for Flash Player 11.3 that spanned months, in addition to daily stability testing on our end that did not expose the issues that you are currently experiencing), there is a near-infinite number of combinations of operating systems, hardware and drivers in the field in addition to a steady pace of new technology.  We do our best to ensure that our releases are stable, and constantly refine and invent new testing techniques to ensure that we release the highest-quality products possible.

If you need to revert to a previous version temporarily, that's okay.  Please make sure that you always download Flash Player directly from Adobe to ensure that you're getting an authentic product.

Here's a guide on how to revert to a previous version:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4506372#4506372

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 11:20 AM   in reply to Jeromie Clark

Thank you for the confirmation.

As far as reproducing the crash - on my system, it just didn't work at all, I sometimes saw a flash of black background before the white screen, no audio - no controls, nothing. 

Windows 7 x64 - Current on all updates

AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series video card, all drivers updated and current.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2012 11:30 AM   in reply to Tazz602

Tazz, do you have RealPlayer installed?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 11:47 AM   in reply to Tazz602

Can you try disabling hardware acceleration?  There are instructions in the video troubleshooting guide, here (you can skip all of the other stuff):

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 12:35 PM   in reply to Jeromie Clark

I disabled the RealPlayer plugin - no change.  I did all the other suggestions in the prior posts. 

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jun 20, 2012 1:00 PM   in reply to Tazz602

Taz - You actually have to do more than just disable the plugin within Firefox.  You need to turn off a preference within RealPlayer itself.  In case you haven't done this, here are the steps:

1. Launch RealPlayer
    2. Click the RealPlayer icon in the upper left corner of the window and choose Preferences.
    3. Choose Download & Recording from the left hand panel
    4. Uncheck "Enable Web Download & Recording for these installed browsers"
    5. Click OK and close RealPlayer
    6. Restart Firefox

Video that walks you through the steps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQbu0k0rPwc&feature=youtu.be&hd=1&html5 =1

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 1:08 PM   in reply to Jeromie Clark

I don't have any specific examples but I have been watching the Eurocup via ESPN's website stream (ESPN3.com or WatchESPN.com).

As the game in question loads, the app crashes... it may crash several times but other times i just reload and things are fine.   I do not have RealPlayer installed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 1:23 PM   in reply to afcarr77

Do you see the problem persist if you disable Hardware Acceleration?

There are instructions in the video troubleshooting guide -- you can skip the other stuff:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 2:04 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris Campbell - that actually did work - first time I've seen more than just disabling the plugin.  I was just doing it in the browser.  I have 11.3 installed and working now.

Are there plans to fix the incompatability or are you leaving that up to RealPlayer, or was it by design?

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jun 20, 2012 2:09 PM   in reply to Tazz602

The Real Player incompatibility will be up to Real to address.  Both Adobe and Mozilla have communicated this problem to them.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 2:21 PM   in reply to Jeromie Clark

Jerome,

Since the time that you replied to my comment, I have not noticed any significant issues (I have not made any changes).

I will get the occassional crash here and there but a reloading will eventually work (I haven't been able to replicate crashes).

I am running Firefox 14 beta on Win 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 on a P4 3 Ghz and 1 GB or RAM.

My Firefox privacy settings are set to not store anything in the history folders and also to avoid website tracking requests.

My Flash storage settings are set to the 2nd option (Ask me before allowing new sites to store .....).  I used to have it set to the 3rd option but I had an issue with one website that wouldn't load account info after logging in using that setting.

Firefox has had issues in the last few releases with memory leaks and I suspect that there is an issue here again with the browser but none the less I think the Adobe issue has been minimal for me (I do not have an Real products installed).

For now I have installed the Flash update released today.

I will post again in a few days and let you know I've experienced any crashes what so ever.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 7:01 AM   in reply to afcarr77

So far smooth sailing for me using the latest patch (no crashes to speak of).

Running 32-bit Win 7 Ultimate SP1 on a P4 3Ghz using 1GB RAM.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 10:00 AM   in reply to Dannee3

I run Windows 7 Premium, Acer x64-bit, and I have and use Firefox 11, I.E. 9 and Chrome.  Every time I turn around I am having to install Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.257 repeatedly.  I have checked Services.msc as follows and I cannot start Flash Player as shown.  and I receive many crashes using Firefox, but not Chrome or I.E., however keeping the plugin started/working is another issue.  So no matter how many times I have uninstall Flash Player, re-install when I receive the message I need Flash Player installed, it works for a short period.  I am current and updated of all MS Critical & Security updates, also of Norton installed products

Also everytime Flash Player crashes I send the report, reload and it works for a little while.  I will even copy & paste a link from FF11, not working in Chrome and the video will play, and sometimes nothing will play in any Browser.  So if I cannot install, startup the Update Service, uninstall and re-install, I presume I need to find an older Flash Player version as 11.3 sure does not work worth a flip.

And reading all of the posts of this thread as with any thread topic are many with the same issue, so much to read and I still do not find a solution mentioned.  So where are the employed Adobe Flash Player Experts monitoring these lists with a solution rather than pages of posts with no resolve....thanks for any suggestions besides flying a kite....Doc

Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.257-10Jul2012.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 10:01 AM   in reply to Firedoc2

p.s.

Name:                   Shockwave Flash Object

Publisher:              Adobe Systems Incorporated

Type:                   ActiveX Control

Version:                11.3.300.257

File date:             

Date last accessed:     ‎Today, ‎July ‎10, ‎2012, ‏‎7 minutes ago

Class ID:               {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}

Use count:              4142

Block count:            1303

File:                   Flash64_11_3_300_257.ocx

Folder:                 C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 11:13 PM   in reply to Firedoc2

Active X version should be 11.3.300.257 as you stated (this is the version used by IE and NOT Firefox).

Firefox should be running on Plug-In version 11.3.300.262.

If you are experiencing problems with both 11.3.300.257 & 11.3.300.262 then uninstall any version installed and install version 11.2 manually and NOT using auto updates.

You must disable auto updates (change the option) and manually install version 11.2 so that the system does not try and update to newer versions that will crash your system.

You can find the archived versions of Flash Player here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions. html

Also, there is a known conflict with Real Player so if you have ANY Real player versions installed, you should uninstall the program to see if Flash operates normal without it.

If you have Real Player installed and don't want to remove the program (for whatever reason), See Post #49 by Chris Campbell giving instructions on disabling the Real Player plug-in in Firefox.  Additional instruction on disabling a feature within the Real Player (if installed on your machine) is also listed.

Lastley, is there a reason why you are sticking with FireFox version 11 instead of upgrading to version 13 (or 14 which will be released from beta on July 17th or so)?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 8:56 AM   in reply to afcarr77

Thanks Afcarr77

Yes there is a reason I am staying with FF 11, I should go back to v4, as I use Ancestry.com, and their images will not display properly with Advance Image Viewing (MFInstall.exe), also I use Norton Identity Safe, as I have hundreds of Passwords & Usernames after over 25 years online.  And I.E. 9 and Chrome are not compatible with Norton Identity Safe.

And it has become a hassle using Browsers as if you update, then something does not work as before, and the next few hours or longer is trying to find the Resolve.  Ancestry points the finger, FF or I.E. points the finger and you get no where as with the Forums.  Everyone has the same issue, but no resolve after trying to read the many posts.

Every System is different, Windows 7, Windows XP, 64bit  32bit, etc.  I have 6 computers networked running XP, Vista, & 7, all have FF & I.E., this is the only PC that I use FF, I.E. & Chrome.  Because of all the hassles with Firefox every time they come out with an update.  And since upgrading from I.E. 8 to 9, then Identity Safe does not work, it never has in Chrome. 

And I do allot of research, and it is pain in the *** when I hit a block wall with a browser.  And I use Real Player too...so I shall just uninstall Adobe, RealPlayer, Firefox, Chrome, and I hate I.E.  and start over.  And if it isn't those applications, it is Windows having used Windows since the 1980's, DOS-3 thru 6.

Thank you for your time...one day maybe the software writers and programmers can get it together.  If I had and could afford a MAC, I would....just to see what issues I might encounter....Doc

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 2:36 PM   in reply to Firedoc2

For users that absolutely need stability over new features, I'd highly recommend moving back to the latest version of Flash Player 10.3 (currently 10.3.183.20). 

We maintain this version for Enterprise customers, keep it up-to-date with the latest security patches, but keep it insulated from the risk associated with new feature development.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions. html

Firefox does a similar thing with Firefox 3.6 (currently 3.6.28), which you can download here:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all-older.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jul 11, 2012 4:59 PM   in reply to Jeromie Clark

For those still crashing with today's 11.3.300.265 update, it would be very helpful if you could either:

a. Download and install the Firefox 15 "Aurora" release and submit all crash reports when they occur

b. Provide reproducible steps so we can verify the issue internally

Crash logs created and submitted with Firefox 15 will allow us to gather critical details that are missing from the current crash reports that are being generated with Firefox 13 and 14.

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 8:29 AM   in reply to Jeromie Clark

Thank you Jeromie, I have followed the instructions at

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/flash-113-crashes

Hopefully this will work with Firefox...then I will try Chrome & I.E. 9 to see if I have similar issues....thanks for your response...Doc

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Thank you Chris, I have followed the instructions at

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/flash-113-crashes

Hopefully this will work with Firefox...then I will try Chrome & I.E. 9 to

see if I have similar issues....thanks for your response...Doc

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 8:47 AM   in reply to Tazz602

HELP I KEEP TRING TOO DOWNLOAD 11.3 FLASH PLAYER AN I GET SO FAR THEN I GET THIS INTERNET EXPLORER WITH A RED DOT ???? HOW CAN I GET THE FLASH PLAYER TOO INSTALL??? HELP

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2012 4:28 PM   in reply to Tazz602

i will try this, Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 6:05 PM   in reply to Jeromie Clark

Hi,

I have tried to roll back to every version back to 10.3.183.20 and nothing is changing?

Whilst Firefox freezes on any webpage that uses the flash pluggin the easiest example is going to YouTube where is crashes as soon as a video page is looked at.

I also tried to Internet Explorer and it tels me I have to upgrade my flashplayer to view the video in YoutTube and then freezes...

Does not look like the roll back is working here... can someone please advise what to do try next?

thanks in advance...

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 6:36 PM   in reply to OnthegOinOz

Further to my previous post, I have now attempted to roll back to version 12 of Firefox and version 10 of Flashplayer and it is still doing the same thing.

I am on a Windows 64Bit laptop... just crazy

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2012 11:12 PM   in reply to OnthegOinOz

The only thing that worked was to restore my computer to the factory settings which had flashplayer 10 installed.

I should also mention that prior to this Skype also would not log in... everything just got worse so I rebuilt the system.

Now all I have to do is keep ingoring the ntice to update the flashplayer pluggin and we're good.

Hope it gets sorted soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2012 4:42 PM   in reply to OnthegOinOz

Problem still persists in Firefox 15.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...