• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.3.300.257 Keeps Crashing On Mozilla Firefox 13

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my flash player to 11.3.300.257 and whenever I put video in full screen on twitch.tv, my flash player keeps crashing.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox 13 & Windows 7 32-Bit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dannee3,

We'd like to get more information from you.  Could you take a look at this FAQ to see if any of the proposed solutions help?  We'd also love to get a bug report from you.

How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having problems with the new Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.257 on 2 separate machines.

Machine 1 - AMD, Windows 7 x64

Machine 2 - Intel, Windows 7 x64

Both machines using Firefox 13

I'll submit any logs you need and I'll also try the FAQ solution.

Bug report submitted: Bug  3212592

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as the other two. After the upgrade youtube videos would not play and and Flash player keeps crashing.

I rolled back the Flash Player and I don't have the problem. But I like to stay updated.

Machine 1 - AMD, Windows 7 x32

Machine 2 - Intel, Windows 7 x32

Both machines using Firefox 13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, i think there is a serious problem with your latest update since a lot of people seem to have this problem. My Firefox crashes all the time (with windows 7 x64 and on my x32 as well) on youtube and a lot of other websites. I hope there will be an update to fix that soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything apart from creating a new account. Nothing was successful.

Bug 3213280

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too seem to have problem like this. I tried the test videos linked to the other thread (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4489708#4489708) and while I had no problem with sound, the video would freeze every few seconds. Sometimes the audio will cut off for few seconds before it continues and video will still be frozen. After the video has compleatly loaded, these problems seem to disappear. Trying to play other videos and I get same result, sometimes the flash player even crashes. My problem is not limited to Youtube though. Some ads that use flash tend to crash the player too. I have tried everything on FAQ with no success.

Windows 7 x64

Firefox 13.0

Flashplayer 11.3.300.257

EDIT:

Something I forgot to mention. While firefox has problems with videos, IE 9 works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I posted on my buffering thread, which is presently being ignored, Firefox 13 is for some reason loading two copies of the Flash Player plugin.  Maybe this is related to the problem?

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/BruceMangosteen/misc/FF2FP.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wilbur, have you tried to remove the other one? To see what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which one is "the other one"?    Seriously no, I didn't because I didn't know which one to remove.

BTW, I also note that their write-up on the new protected mode talks about there being two processes, but them being INSIDE the plugin-container process.  Clearly they are not in my machine.  Not sure how many are inside the plugin-container, never thought to look in there for more of the li'l rascals.

BTW, I also notice that IE only fires up one visible Flash Player plugin process, that I can see anyway.  Yet the write-up says there should be two.  Wonder how many of THOSE there are, and where? 

Edit:  Just downloaded procexp and looked.  There are two plugin containers listed in there too.  Not sure if that means I have 4 running, 2 inside and 2 outside, or that the 2 outside are the only ones? 

Frankly, I don't like debugging somebody else's software as much as I like debugging my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that no matter which one you remove, it will remove both. Could it be that Firefox should fire up only one visible plugin process, just like IE, but for some reason they are both are fired up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, if I understood their explanation correctly, we shouldn't see ANY of these processes outside of the plugin-container process.  I used the same software they used, procexp (Process Explorer).  Please see this screen shot:

procexp1.JPG

It clearly shows two plugin processes outside of plugin-container, and seems to show two more inside it.  Not sure if this is related to how Task Manager and Process Explorer display things though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The additional FlashPlayerPlugin_11_3_300_257.exe processes are normal, and introduced by the Flash Player Protected Mode feature in Flash Player 10.3 for Firefox on Windows Vista and higher.

If you're interested in the technical details, there's a great explanation here: http://blogs.adobe.com/asset/2012/06/inside-flash-player-protected-mode-for-firefox.html

Flash Player 11.3 also extends support for Hardware Acceleration to a larger pool of GPUs than we supported previously.

First, I'd recommend working through the Video troubleshooting guide:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

If disabling hardware acceleration solves the crashes that you're seeing, I'd recommend updating your video card drivers.  If you're still seeing instability, we definitely want to know about it. 

The best way to surface the issue is to file a bug here: http://bugbase.adobe.com/.  Include the output of debugdiag.  (Start > Run > type debugdiag [Enter])

If you're still seeing instability after that, and you're on Windows Vista or higher, try the Flash Player Protected Mode troubleshooting guide:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1018071?tstart=0

Adobe is aware of two crashes related to Flash Player Protected Mode that have surfaced in the field.  One happens silently when exiting a tab or the browser (Firefox writes a log, but that's all you should notice), and the other displays a crash dialog notifying you that Flash Player has crashed.  This crash occurs infrequently when using complex Flash content in many open tabs simultaneously.  This may be seen on start-up, if the browser is restoring a bunch of already-open tabs.

We are working diligently to debug and resolve those crashes with the Mozilla engineering team.

If you continue to experience issues after working through these troubleshooting guides, please let us know.  Including the crash logs from Firefox (c:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Crash Reports\pending) would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as I said in my post, the tech article you linked, which I skimmed, shows those two processes as being inside the plugin-container process.  My screen shot does not show that, it shows them outside the plugin-container process. 

Concerning the troubleshooting, I am actually shooting a problem with MLB.com and have two threads open on it.  However, I am reading other threads hoping to pick up clues.  BTW, my lapper is less than a year old and is kept updated, so I don't think I have any driver problems, especially with the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I saw that thread.  Someone is going to have to debug it to figure out what's happening.

The best way to get things rolling is to file a bug over at http://bugbase.adobe.com/, and post the bug number over in the relevant thread.

Also, in Process Monitor, click Tools > Process Tree to see the correct visualization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jerome, thanks for acknowledging that somebody from Adobe needs to investigate what I am reporting.  I believe you guys are a professional and well-run organization and will take my efforts seriously.

I tried your suggestion about selecting "Process Tree" in procexp and that worked.  Thanks for clearing that up.

I seem to have gotten some other responses to my postings.  I'll read those before launching the bug report process.

Thanks again for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my pc too after install adobe flash player last update ,pages like youtube videos draging up and squezing also it over crashes when using  more than 1 tabs on one plays music on other looking on other pages...

11.3.300.257 update IT COULD BE USEFULL IF ADMINISTRATORS AND FLASH TEAM REALISE NEW UPDATE TO FIX THOSE BUGS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same crashes

Machine 1 - AMD, Windows 7 x64 firefox 13

Flashplayer 11.3.300.257

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue here.  Intel Windows 7 x32.  Firefox 13.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem and I had a window pop up on Firefox and said that the Real Player plugin was causing problems and asked me if I wanted to disable it.  When I did and restarted Firefox, the flash player started working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems here (no video on certain sites, Youtube seems fine; Audio is present). Here are some things that WON'T work on my machines (Windows 7 64 bit, Flash 11.3.300.257, FF 13.0 and Ubuntu 11.10; no Real Player Plugin on any of the machines)

- Disabling the protected mode in the mms.cfg file --> DOESN'T WORK

- Disabling all add-ons and extensions (except Flash and shockwave)--> DOESN'T WORK

- Creating a test profile in FF 13--> DOESN'T WORK

- Checking OOPP in FF (dom.ipc.plugins.enabled is set to true and dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll  is non existant).--> DOESN'T WORK

The only time it works is when FF runs in Safemode with all Add-Ons and Plugins disabled, however if it runs in normal mode and Add-ons and Extensions are disabled by hand it still doesn't work.

And here's what I WON'T DO:

- Creating a new Windows Profile (no thanks)

- Reseting FF (I have no interest in downloading and installing all my Extensions again)

- Rolling back to an earlier version of Flash or FF for that matter

- Updating my graphics driver (Flash worked with the graphics driver before and should work with that version as well).

- Using IE 9 (I'm too used to FF by now, why should I go back).

That's what I WILL DO:

- Disabling automatic updates on both Flash and FF

- Getting Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If starting Firefox in safe-mode resolves the problem, there's a conflict between Flash Player and one of the Add-Ons/Extensions that you have installed. 

Knowing what you have installed would be super helpful in narrowing down the possibilities for us.  Also, this is pretty painless.

In firefox, go to: about:support

Click Copy to Clipboard

Paste it into a reply.

Doing the same for about:plugins (you'll have to hit Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C to copy there), would also be super helpful.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: you won't see my flash plugin below cuz i disabled it

Thanks for all the tips and here's my paste from about:plugins. I don't have an about:support though (i'm of course having the same issues). Any chance of just an update to flash to  resolve this seemingly widespread bug that renders firefox unusable?

Enabled plugins

Find more information about browser plugins at mozilla.org.

Find updates for installed plugins at mozilla.com/plugincheck.

Help for installing plugins is available from plugindoc.mozdev.org.

Java Deployment Toolkit 7.0.50.255

File: npdeployJava1.dll
Version: 10.5.1.255
NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
application/java-deployment-toolkit

Java(TM) Platform SE 7 U5

File: npjp2.dll
Version: 10.5.1.255
Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
application/x-java-appletJava Applet
application/x-java-beanJavaBeans
application/x-java-vm

application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.1

application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.1

application/x-java-applet;version=1.1

application/x-java-bean;version=1.1

application/x-java-applet;version=1.2

application/x-java-bean;version=1.2

application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.3

application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.3

application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.2

application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.2

application/x-java-applet;version=1.3

application/x-java-bean;version=1.3

application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.2

application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.2

application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.1

application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.1

application/x-java-applet;version=1.3.1

application/x-java-bean;version=1.3.1

application/x-java-applet;version=1.4

application/x-java-bean;version=1.4

application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.1

application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.1

application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.2

application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.2

application/x-java-applet;version=1.5

application/x-java-bean;version=1.5

application/x-java-applet;version=1.6

application/x-java-bean;version=1.6

application/x-java-applet;version=1.7

application/x-java-bean;version=1.7

application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.7.0_05

application/x-java-bean;jpi-version=1.7.0_05

Silverlight Plug-In

File: npctrl.dll
Version: 5.1.10411.0
application/x-silverlightnpctrlscr
application/x-silverlight-2

iTunes Application Detector

File: npitunes.dll
Version: 1.0.1.1
iTunes Detector Plug-in
application/itunes-pluginThis plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.

Adobe Acrobat

File: nppdf32.dll
Version: 10.1.3.23
Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
application/pdfAcrobat Portable Document Formatpdf
application/vnd.adobe.pdfxmlAdobe PDF in XML Formatpdfxml
application/vnd.adobe.x-marsAdobe PDF in XML Formatmars
application/vnd.fdfAcrobat Forms Data Formatfdf
application/vnd.adobe.xfdfXML Version of Acrobat Forms Data Formatxfdf
application/vnd.adobe.xdp+xml Acrobat XML Data Packagexdp
application/vnd.adobe.xfd+xmlAdobe FormFlow99 Data Filexfd

Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in

File: npMeetingJoinPluginOC.dll
Version: 4.0.7577.4087
Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
application/vnd.microsoft.communicator.ocsmeeting4.0.7577.4087*

2007 Microsoft Office system

File: NPOFF12.DLL
Version: 12.0.4518.1014
Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
application/x-msoffice1212.0.4518.1014*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't see anything in plug-ins that would be likely to cause this.  I'm curious about the list of Extensions though, which is found under about:support

What version of Firefox are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeromie,

I’m running firefox 13, I guess it’s set to automatically update. I found the extensions under tools and then add-ons?

I can’t seem to copy and pace them into this email. There is something called Adobe DLM which seems to be disabled. I haven’t sent you the plug-in list so think you’re getting me mixed up. I would gladly do so but can’t find a way of doing so without typing them all. I just hope you find a simple fix soon!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines