Skip navigation
tannerbunnz
Currently Being Moderated

Completely New to Adobe Photoshop

Jun 20, 2012 9:57 PM

I have no prior knowledge of the software..  What is the best book to learn the software..  I have Elements 6.  What is the best way to learn and start up????

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2012 11:26 PM   in reply to tannerbunnz

It is not clear if you are looking for help with Photoshop Elements or Photoshop. If you are looking for books to help you with Photoshop Elements, you'll reach the right audience if you post your question in the Photoshop Elements forum.  http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements?view=discussions

If you want to learn Photoshop, I highly recommend the book Layers by Matt Kloskowski.  However, the right book depends on how you prefer to learn.  I like the previously mentioned book because it has short chapters, each demonstrating a technique that I can try out on my own photos. Some people recommend the Classroom in a Book series by Adobe Press as a good starting point for beginners. It is a good idea to study the reader reviews on a site like Amazon.com before buying a Photoshop book, so you can see the pros and cons of each book and can choose the one that suits your learning style and experience.

Many people find video trainings less tedious than using a book. There are loads of free trainings available on the Internet, but not all are suitable for beginners.  Training sites like Lynda.com or Kelbytraining.com offer subscription based trainings and it might be worthwhile for you to subscribe for a month (when you have a lot of time).  Kelbytraining.com is devoted to Photoshop and Photography, whereas Lynda.com covers many different products and technologies, including Photoshop Elements.

Good luck!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2012 11:57 PM   in reply to acresofgreen

Elements 6 is pretty outdated, upgrade to 10, it's cheap.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points