Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Illustrator CS 6 slow by saving great documents.

Jun 17, 2012 4:49 PM

Why is Adobe Illustrator CS 6 so slow when I want save a document with many and great images. Very much slower than Freehand. What do I wrong? Are my settings not good?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 17, 2012 8:10 PM   in reply to John Willems

Moved to Illustrator

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 12:16 AM   in reply to John Willems

Which file format you are trying to save the content in? Can you share the document on forum, so that I may try to help you. I am really very happy with performance of Illustrator CS6 and I am using it on Mac OS 10.7 as well as Win7. Which platform you are working on?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 11:03 PM   in reply to John Willems

I am not sure about the procedure of exchanging files here on Adobe Forum. You may share the files with me (if you have no objection in sharing the content with me) by sending mail to my personal mail id UTPALYOGI@GMAIL.COM.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 2:18 AM   in reply to John Willems

John,

Maybe Illy is forgetting herself, admiring all the great images.

Sorry.

You may upload to own website, or to one of the free websites for sharing files (please choose one that requires no registration to view files), and post a link.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 12:25 AM   in reply to John Willems

Thanks for posting the file. I also observed that file takes some time to save but in my opinion that was genuine as it has embedded Image that is also with 300 PPI. I just exported the embedded image separately and linked it in Illustrator file in place of embedded content and saved the Illustrator document, it was pretty quick. You may even export the image with less resolution to speed up the save operation.

As per my learning and education with Illustrator, the basic difference between link and embedding impacts utlimate saved output in size and save time, hence I do not see any issue as your file save takes time because of high resolution and embedded content.

I do not have any idea about FH, hence unable to say if it also has concept of link/embedded content or not and whether it honors high resolution of image in it or not. Hope this information helps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points