Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Lost all changes made to a script

Jun 20, 2012 10:26 PM

I am a day before we start filming on set and my Director signed in to make some tweaks to the script. He worked for about 2-3 hours making changes.

He then asked me to review them but I could never see the changes that he was making even though he kept saving it. So he went to shut down Story and has now lost everything.

Is there anyway to get those changes back? He is furious since he lost all of the dialogue changes he wanted for the actors.

Help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2012 12:51 AM   in reply to thebrich

Hi.

Was the director working online or in the desktop application?

Are you available for a conference call now?

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 6:17 AM   in reply to thebrich

We’re available.

Please email us a number we can call you at at the following address: adbstry at Adobe

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 6:26 AM   in reply to thebrich

Is your director a Story plus user? If not, then he must be working in the offline desktop application and changes made there will not reflect anywhere in the online mode. First confirm if this might be the case.

What ever be the case online or offline, is he able to see the document in his projects view? If yes, then open the document and open its "History" from "View" menu in the Authoring view. Now open your older versions to see if the needed data is present in any of the oldre versions. If he is not able to see the document at all then ask him to look inside "Sync Issues" folder that is there at the bottom-left of Projects view and see if the document is present there. From here document can be restored to any of the existing projects.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 8:40 AM   in reply to thebrich

Adbestry at adobe dot com

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2013 5:38 AM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

I am having the same problem. I haved saved my script multiple times on "offline mode" on my mac.  Today (Oct. 9th) after working hours on revisions I turned on the "online mode" and lost everything.  The script says that the last time it was saved was on Oct. 5th.  I have been able to save the script multiple times on the offline mode, close the program, turn it on, and continue to build on it.  It was only when I switched to the online mode that it is replaced by an older version. How can I recover all my prior work?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2013 10:55 AM   in reply to connorgrzesiak

Did you check the previous versions of the script ? Open the script, go to View->History and check prior versions if they have your recent changes.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2013 2:06 PM   in reply to sunnyladkani

There were no previous versions saved

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers