Skip navigation
Alex DeJesus 496 posts
Jul 25, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Why can't I edit a text layer?

Jun 20, 2012 5:17 PM

Tags: #photoshop #encore #cs6

Encore text.jpgEncore text 2.jpg

Cut and pasted text from a pdf to Encore menu page. The text is a bit hard to read, so I want to change the font, etc. However, I am not able to edit the text in Encore or Photoshop. I tried to recreate a new page and copied the same text, but this is how it pasted. I am not able to word wrap it or get it to appear as the original. What am I doing wrong? I have not rasterized anything. Not sure if it's point text or paragraph at this point.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2012 8:30 PM   in reply to Alex DeJesus

In a Copy/Paste operation from a PDF, I would bet that you do not have a Text Layer. In the Layer's header, do you see a T in a box, or not?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 2:19 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

It seems to be a text layer, but I would concur with Mr. Hunt on some level - pasting from a PDF is less than ideal. There may be some odd formatting preventing to edit the text or some non-text stuff inbetween that gets in the way.. I recomemnd you export the text to a Word or TXT fiel from Acrobat, clean it up and use that to paste the text.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 2:33 AM   in reply to Alex DeJesus

Did you try dragging out a Text Box in PS and pasting into that? (As opposed to just pasting at a Type Insertion point?)

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,905 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2012 3:12 AM   in reply to charles badland

One of the best ways to strip unseen formatting is to paste the text into Notepad, and cut and paste from Notepad to the target application.  (if you are using a PC that is)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points