Skip navigation
This discussion is locked
Alex DeJesus 488 posts
Jul 25, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot edit text in menu page

Jun 20, 2012 4:08 PM

Encore text.jpg

I cut and pasted from a pdf to a menu page. I want to work with the font to make it more readable, but I can no longer select the text. What did I do wrong? I can't edit in Encore or Photoshop. I can select the layer, but not the text.

I am trying to reproduce the page by duplicating it and adding the text again, but I cannot figure out how I got it there in the first place (to appear as it did in the pdf) It keeps pasting as an oversized text block in one column.

In other words, How do I edit text that has been pasted onto a menu page? Seems it keeps wanting to create another text layer - in Photoshop as well

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2012 7:11 PM   in reply to Alex DeJesus

Are you sure it pasted as test? Many pdf's are images, and you cannot copy/paste the text.

Does photoshop show it as a text layer? If so, you should have no difficulty editing it.

Post a screen shot of the layers in photoshop if this still doesn't make sense.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 8:48 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

I think that the Copy/Paste operation brought the text from the PDF in as an Image, and NOT as a Text Layer, which would be editable.

Same post to the PS forum.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 3:33 AM   in reply to Alex DeJesus

See the replies on the PS forum.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...