Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Problems installing updates

Mar 6, 2012 1:49 PM

I've been having an issue with the Illustrator update:  CS5 15.0.2

I updated this about two months ago and ever since I have not been able to use my Illustrator.  I thought I would try it agian today because I wanted a little distraction from what I was doing.  Now I am getting an error code: 

Some updates failed to install:  

Extend Script Toolkit 3.5.1 Update

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

Adobe Illustrator CS5 15.0.2 Update

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

I need to have this fixed because I need to use my program.  I have tried calling and have gotten nowhere with the help.  Can someone please tell me what's going on and how I can fix this?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2012 1:49 PM   in reply to appchick21

Moving this discussion to the Illustrator forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2012 5:39 PM   in reply to appchick21

If you are already running Illustrator 15.0.2, then that's why the 15.0.2 update is failing. You can't "update" to the same version you already have installed.

Are you saying the app won't launch?

Sounds more like it's a currupt update cache or record.

Have you tried reinstalling Illustrator?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2012 6:07 PM   in reply to [scott w]

Appchick21 the users in the Illustrator forum will be more familiar with resolving update installation failures.  This is why I have moved your discussion to the Illustrator forum.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 6:54 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

A link to the moved thread would be helpful

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 10:15 AM   in reply to Sjanna Singletary

It is located in your e-mail for the response.  You actually have responded too it.  You can locate the thread at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4415905#4415905.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 8:53 AM   in reply to [scott w]

Hi Scott,

First of all if the user who started this thread has ran an updte it is more than likely he is not at this level. Adobe updates usually trigger off of exiting versions. I am not sure where you wouldthink this was implied.

Hi Appchick,

I had the same failure as you with this update. However, my AI still works. I think the bad update is not the reason why the AI is broken. But, it may be the reverse and the update failed because there is something bad in the AI to begin with. Have you done any modifications at all? Have you installed plugins or extensions to AI. Did the update properly complete. Did someone get you Ai without your knowing and break it before you applied the update?

Glenn

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 9:03 AM   in reply to appchick21

It would to help to know what OS and version you are running.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 5:45 AM   in reply to appchick21

User has problem with Adobe updater. Posts it in the"comments" feature stupidly provided in what is supposed to be the official online product documentation area:

I've been having an issue with the Illustrator update: CS5 15.0.2. I updated this about two months ago and ever since I have not been able to use my Illustrator.

It's clearly about a problem with an installer. So an Adobe employee tosses it over the wall  to a user-to-user discussion forum (instead of to any actual Adobe support system), saying:

Moving this discussion to the Illustrator forum....the users in the Illustrator forum will be more familiar with resolving update installation failures...

Wha??

Am I the only one who sees this state of affairs as utterly absurd?

Adobe not only has quit providing printed documention like too many other software publishers (but not all), it has quit providing even practical (easy and quick) electronic documentation.

Adobe has not only made referencing the documentation ridiculously cumbersome, it now tries to push responsibility for adequately thorough documentation onto its users by providing blog-like features in what is supposed to be the official documentation.

Adobe then just offhandedly transfers comments and complaints entered by users in that silly venue to the online user-to-user discussion forums, to "weed out" unwanted complaints and in a transparent attempt to dump responsibility for product support onto end-users also.

What's wrong with this picture, folks?

This is customer support? This is product support? Man! Adobe really needs some serious competition!

JET

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points