Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I installed encore via creative cloud - how do i get the template files?

Jun 21, 2012 10:17 AM

Tags: #missing #library #encore #creative_cloud
  1. I have nothing in my library!
  2. Also is there a way to get items i have created my self into the library?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2012 10:32 AM   in reply to Mr Eric J

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2012 5:39 PM   in reply to Mr Eric J
    1. I have nothing in my library!

CS6 changed this, and several of the links above will not help you.

Use this one (John's middle "helpx" link):

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-mi ssing.html

But keep this in mind:

a) Adobe appears to have changed how functional content works. How it has changed is a mixture of same and different from previous versions. You must load the "Functional Content" as a separate step after the program install. So your experience (you open  Encore and there is no Library at all) is "as designed."

b) The Functional Content install (as per the first part of the link above - "Solution: Install the CS6 Functional Content") installs ONLY templates - no separate buttons, backgrounds, etc. (This also installs the Premiere functional content.)

c) To install what most of us would describe as the "full" library (buttons etc in addition to templates), you must follow the instructions under "Additional Solution: Install the Resource Central library content" toward the bottom of the above link.

Most of us believe there was some kind of serious error on Adobe's part in how this was provided, but we really don't know. Functional content was a separate install in earlier versions. Then about CS3, installation from disk added the library (even though there was something called functional content on a final disk), but installation by download required a separate download and installation to get the library, which included templates and buttons, etc.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points