Skip navigation
MattLaG
Currently Being Moderated

CS4: Use HSB as default color chooser

May 6, 2009 5:41 PM

I've searched around, both the forums and the larger interwebs, and there doesn't seem to be a way to default to the HSB color chooser.  The "Document Color Mode" can be set to RGB or CMYK, and I realize HSB is just a way to think about colors that end up on the screen or printed, but it seems like there should be a way to work with colors in HSB mode all the time.

I think this could either be achieved by adding HSB to the Document Color Mode option, or at least if I choose HSB in a color picker, that color picker stays in HSB mode (persist the setting).

CS5 please???  Or maybe even better, some hack so I can do it in CS4?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 29, 2009 10:37 AM   in reply to MattLaG

I too would appreciate this feature.

Is there no way to set HSB/V as the default color model? Are we alone believing that cmyk and rgb are not the best models to use when selecting and modifying color?

Why isn't the change in color models saved along with preferences?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2010 5:03 PM   in reply to MattLaG

I feel the same way. I constantly switch over to HSB because it's so much easier to choose the color i need at any time.

Another vote for setting default "color chooser" throughout workflow.

Thanks Illustrator team!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2010 6:26 PM   in reply to MattLaG

Add my vote too. I use HSB all the time and it's a pain to have to constantly switch to it.

Actually I'm more inclined to vote for a flyout menu button that isn't so small.

It's annoying to hide so much functionality behind such a tiny button.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2010 10:05 AM   in reply to MattLaG

I waste SO MUCH TIME constantly switching to the HSB chooser to pick colors.

Please Adobe, give us a preference option for this!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2010 4:07 PM   in reply to MattLaG

I also constantly switch to HSB color picker. It would be nice to have a way to make this default.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2010 4:11 AM   in reply to MattLaG

Many have written about this for years and nothing is happening with this team illustaror still deaf. It seems to me that the problem is more in the archaic method of choosing a color than the color model. HSB is not you just get a more intuitive way for humans in the process of creation. Only later doing a color correction from the viewpoint of reproductive technology. But there is probably also an idea how to connect to simultaneously select colors using the HSB and at any time to see and control other industrial areas. Here, checked and according to me a very good idea of choosing a color other Corel Painter Programs that use only a professional is not illustartor.

Another reason for my disappointment Illustartora shoulder CS5 and willingness to buy.

Corel-Painter-11-Color-Palette-lg.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2011 12:15 PM   in reply to MarioMari

Yeah Art!

That would be SUCH a great feature to have!! I'd probably have more use from having the HSB sliders below the wheel instead of the RGB.

Let's keep mentioning this at Adobe's feature request form: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 1:52 PM   in reply to thesergie

Agreed.  This should have been implemented from the beginning.  Only a programmer wouldn't get the fact that HSB is an order of magnitude more convenient than RGB.  This is especially annoying in the gradient editor.

But only 1800 people have found their way to this thread (one would assume they are searching for how to do this).

Check back when it hits 18,000,000.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 9:38 PM   in reply to voxL

Does anyone pick colours with the RGB sliders? Does Adobe even watch people when they use illustrator to see no one works like that? It would be great to set HSB as the default selector.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2012 10:30 AM   in reply to MattLaG

It would be nice to use HSB as the default. It's annoying changing from RGB to hSB all the time.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points